1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Booter

Booter Senior member

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  2. jch1

jch1 Senior member

Thanks. Looks like I missed that boat...

3. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

This is inspirational shit right here.

1 person likes this.
  4. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

Such impressive results. :bowdown:

Super casual clownery with the Fastball boat shoes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Hm. I'm an 8E or 8.5D in the strand. I just *might* be fine with the 8E. I'll see what I think after the weekend. If they're slightly longer it should be fine if they're a hair narrower since I'd expect them to break in a bit anyway.

I'm just unsure of the tan as a first chukka. I guess the price is more than right.

6. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

In my books nothing is clownery when paired with the WG blue sub! Awesomeness!

7. delmar

delmar Senior member

I see your pair is just like mine. I have the Voyager in blue. On the right shoe, where I tie the knot it just barely catches the top edge of the tongue--just like yours. I thought about sending them back since it was a little uncomfortable for me but I just ended up not using the top set of eyelets and knotting the shoes farther down on the tongue. It works for me.

8. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

I agree! Sadly mine is an older 16613, a pre-ceramic YG/SS. I really enjoy the watch, but it's just not in the same league as the 116619. My close friend has one and it's magnificent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I steal it whenever possible. :slayer:

9. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Just a thought . . . ever tried loafer socks?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  10. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I really like loafer socks and they can be got very cheap via the JCrew Factory online outlet.

11. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Yeah, I have some and don't really care for them on "Dad Days" with heavy walking. They always ride bacn down my instep and the hair on the top of my hobbit feet always gets pulled and chafed by the tongue of the shoes. Ouch. Clearly I'm on a "dads don't care" outing, as I'm even wearing these in the first place (and sporting my chicken calves)

I don't really have that exact problem. I do find these extraordinarily comfortable for excessive walking. Especially the heel and arch support.

12. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Sorry this is so late. Trying to catch up on a couple of days of posts. Felt compelled to chime in. Although I'm a major Alden homer, I have to admit that the Patriot fits my foot MUCH better than Alden's LHS. Plenty of room and no heel slippage. Ive had great difficulty sizing the Alden LHS. I felt in order to get rid of the heel slippage I had to get a size that crammed my toes. In the end, I went with a size that felt comfortable in the tie box and used a tongue pad to stop the heel slip. It's worked well, but the patriot was a much better fit. The Alden though, seemed to be constructed and finished better. For $150, snuff patriots are a sweet deal!

13. losrockets

losrockets Senior member

Just a head's up @Burzan re the Patriots on sale: They're brogue suede, not snuff. I have both AE brogue suede and snuff and the former is markedly darker (my AE Malvern are in Brogue, my RL Slaton in Snuff). The snuff suede is vibrant and dynamic in various settings, the brogue suede, being a suede, also demonstrates these properties but in a far more restricted range. That being said, I absolutely love my brown leather Patriots, wore them almost every single day on vacation this summer along the beach, on uneven pavement, and through old forts, and they feel better with every wear. Additionally I much prefer the color of AE's snuff suede to that of Alden.

If they were snuff I would jump on the price, but I believe all I can find is brogue. I'd love it if somebody could prove me wrong.

14. SkySaw

SkySaw Well-Known Member

After my Longbranches showed me last winter how incredibly comfortable rubber soled AEs can be, I decided to get a pair of brown grain shoes with dainite soles for this fall/winter. Thanks to Roycru for posting http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread/45645 the brown grain Kiowa with dainite soles a few months ago - I had never seen nor heard of them but they looked great, and were just what I was looking for. So as soon as the 2nds sale hit, I pulled the trigger on a pair.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am also year behind on picking up a pair of snuff suede shoes, so I also scored a very reasonably priced pair of Neumoks:
    [​IMG]

Very pleased with these purchases, especially at the 2nds sale prices. I'm looking forward to the new fall lineup. I could probably use a pair of bluchers in Bob's chill, so I'm hoping those MacGregors are going to be nice.

1 person likes this.
  15. Mean Mr Mustard

Mean Mr Mustard Senior member

SkySaw, I love Roycru's grain Kiowas as well -- I thought they were a one-off but looks like you've got yourself a beautiful pair too. Enjoy! I think they'll make a great casual shoe for fall.

16. J Spence

J Spence New Member

Greetings all.

I have just begun getting into Allen Edmonds shoes and this thread has been a great resource for photos and information.

I just purchased my second and third pairs of Allen Edmonds during the Labor Day Sale and on the retail inventory list I received I noticed a shoe I have never heard of. It is labeled "Rl Polo Patric Dk Brown". Is anyone familiar with this shoe?

17. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior member

Welcome, I'm also in my first year of wearing AE.

That looks like Ralph Lauren version named Patrick, just a guess.

The seconds sales are a great way to familiarize yourself with the different lasts, and how they fit your feet.

18. Slickninjas

Slickninjas Member

hey guys, I've been reading so many pages want to ask for opinions. I had my first pair of Allen Edmonds for a year now. Trying not to wear out the Park Ave. so I am looking for a second pair of blacks. I am deciding between Vernon, Fifth Ave and the Kenilworth. I like the Vernon of the minimalist style but none of my friends picked it out of the three. I am business casual.

Any suggestions or other style I should consider?

Thanks

19. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Just saw one of my friends today, I successfully converted two people from square toes into allen edmonds park avenues. I feel like I've done my small part to make this world a better place.

6 people like this.
  20. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Vernon, especially in black, is super formal. Stick with Kenilworth. It's a great deal right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.