1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I'm pretty sure they're the same split-personality individual struggling with his shoe addiction:

"Buy it, you'll buy anything."
    "You shut up."
    "Get it in shell."
    "Stop it."

1 person likes this.
  2. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:Thank you for the laughs this morning!

3. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:Ha, yea. Might need a big tongue pad for those ;) Thanks, I was excited all day yesterday to rescue them from the front porch and pondering how they'd look flaw wise, if I'd be lucky and get a Horween stamp, would they fit ok. Felt like Christmas and 10yrs old again. Still can't believe the price either.

4. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

5. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior member

Classic!

6. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

That sounds about right...

7. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

While not the Spiaggias...the tan suede. for your horror....sorry to anyone who is eating breakfast. Yes that is 275 lbs of pure sex appeal.... Spiaggia's coming soon...perhaps better delivered in a PM..LOL but overall this is pretty much my wardrobe for a long stretch of the year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Just an FYI on the dark spot....after the huge cleaning marathon of my leeds I started to understand why the caked so much crap on them - there was a dark patch on the shell itself. So just be careful not to go too crazy it may be a flaw in the shell. They literally had so much junk on the shoe you could not tell the dark spot was there...it does not bother me at all now that it is revealed but I am guessing that may be what led it to be a second

9. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:Yea. I was pretty sure it wasn't creme or a product of any sort. It does seem to be part of the leather. So I was going to try hitting it with a bit of renovateur and see what happened. Or possibly cover up the other areas and leave it in the sun for a bit to see if that may lighten the dark spot up? Have you tried sun fading or just left it as is? Mine is on the outside so a bit more noticeable. If it was the inside I wouldn't care. Actually doesn't concern me that much on the outside. Would rather have color issues than cuts, or weird stitching etc for a 2nd.

10. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Got an email today. Better pics of the Carlyle [​IMG]

11. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:
    I primarily wear shorts as well during the summer (atlanta). Been figuring out how to do since this is my first year of wearing proper shoes and updating my wardrobe. I can def. see this but me personally would just stick with stock laces perhaps. Been debating picking up blue spiaggia for this reason to wear with shorts. Or a suede dover from Alden.

12. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I must have close to 3 hours invested in these but I think my hard work is starting to make some progress.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

^^ Nice work, Ryden. Definitely worth the investment.

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Thanks! The amount of creme I have removed is pretty insane. I would say almost 3/4 of a jar of Reno just on this pair

I would prefer them with the lighter welt and stitching they were supposed to come with but couldn't pass up on the deal Allison gave me for them being made incorrectly. I figure I can always redraft them at some point

15. Mean Mr Mustard

Mean Mr Mustard Senior member

Has anyone else ever experienced difficulty ordering through the ShoeBank site? Waaay back on the first day of the 2 for $299 sale, I requested two pairs from the Port Washington store, and a few days later added a third. A week went by with no response from the store, so I emailed the store (politely of course) explaining the situation. They responded this time -- though no apology or explanation, which kind of annoyed me -- and said that one of the shoes I requested wasn't available -- which also kind of annoyed me, seeing as it had been when I placed the order/request. So I emailed back asking if I could now substitute another shoe, which to this minute still appears on their site in my size, and was told that also wasn't available, and that the inventory doesn't always match the website.

Through it all, I've found the service terrible -- not just the failure to respond to my order and the frustration of not being able to get the shoes, but also that it takes them about three days to respond to the simplest email query and they seem totally uninterested in making the sale. It's now been two weeks since I placed the request and they've not once asked whether I want the two pairs shipped that were (are still?) available and they've never offered to do anything about the mix-up on the third. Every email they send is a one-sentence response that gives the impression they view my attempt to purchase from them as an annoyance.

16. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

17. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I primarily wear shorts as well during the summer (atlanta). Been figuring out how to do since this is my first year of wearing proper shoes and updating my wardrobe. I can def. see this but me personally would just stick with stock laces perhaps. Been debating picking up blue spiaggia for this reason to wear with shorts. Or a suede dover from Alden.

100% agree on the laces - these actually came laced in the shoe when I got them and have been to lazy to change them...same thing with my cream/orange laced Clark St and red laced Spiaggia...I would not mind lacing to match the shorts actually... Generally my shorts are not this wrinkled either - The Spiaggia's do get lots of compliments...I know to some that is not a good thing though...LOL

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  18. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Awesome!

If those ever lose their spot in your collection you will have to let me know. I love that pair.

19. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I have never ordered a pair through the website- I always call my SA in Riverhead and have him verify everything. Besides fit issues and one scuff in a bad spot I have never had to return a second or not gotten one once confirmed by Jeff my SA.

Not going to lie I get anxious while waiting for Jeff's call back...

20. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

those are great, my monitor somewhat shot and is not the best(waiting for a new one arive) - what color are those? I would love those with the lighter welt as well...great shoe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.