1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Cross posting from the MTO thread

I can issue a refund for the footwear and we can place the new order. Now with that being said, here comes the unfortunate news. If we go into refunding and placing a new order , custom fees are going to be charged from now on per our CEO and upper management team. The style forum offer has officially be terminated.

Please let me know what route you want to take.

Sincerely,
    Allison Meyer

2. indigoroots

indigoroots Well-Known Member

Yep, Hitch in Post is a questionable Ebay seller.

I bought some "brand new without box 1st quality" McAllisters from them a while back and they looked worse than most Shoebank seconds.

3. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:I actually don't think I've seen them list a 1st quality shoe before. If they did its def. full retail.

4. evilWagon

evilWagon Senior member

I'm disappointed, I was just figuring out the final details of my first MTO.

Upper Management Team, I'm assuming that would be the Brentwood boys at work.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  5. althanis

althanis Senior member

Anyone ever sent shoes in from Canada for recrafting? What was the shipping like to the US? Any duties charged on arrival of recrafted shoes?

And what's the SF offer that has now been terminated?

6. jch1

jch1 Senior member

NOOO

7. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

This is pretty disappointing. This said though, I don't think that program brought much revenue to AE, especially given the number of hiccups they had based on the reviews in this thread. To be fair though, I feel that our expectations of the ready product were not on par with the AE price point. Not that I think the program was abused, but I do think some issues encountered by the fellow SF members (me including) were negligible and should/could have been tolerated rather than us insisting on AE to redo them from scratch.

2 people like this.
  8. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

9. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Some brushing and Reno/VSC and they would be better than new.

1 person likes this.
  10. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

It's got a little depth to it, but I'll see what happens. Haven't started working on it yet.

11. what987

what987 New Member

Hey all, I just got some AE Lexingtons and the right shoe seems to have a leather defect in it. The leather is really thing and it seems that it is making the leather buckle outwards a lot. Again, the other shoe does not have this issue:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think I might return them. This would sadly be my second return of this model. The last model, also bought from their official store, had the sole stitching well outside of the indentation in the sole, resulting in the stitching coming loose on the sole within a day. Not impressed with QC on this model.

12. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Eh? What offer that was terminated?

13. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

14. submatrix

submatrix Well-Known Member

My Lexingtons have the same problem, though to a much lesser degree. In my case, it's not really noticeable when being worn. The bowing is in exactly the same place though.

15. jrs311

jrs311 Well-Known Member

I bought a pair of Lexington in the anniversary sale which also bow similarly, though not quite as extreme when the shoe is off my foot as in the bottom picture.

One of the heels also seems to be coming "loose" with a slight crack. I bought a pair of bourbon Macallisters at the same sale which are rock solid, so I wonder if the Lexington does have a QC problem? What's strange is the lexingtons feel slightly bigger with more bowing even though they're the same last. These were my first pair of AEs and I didn't scrutinize each pair very thoroughly in the store as I wasn't really sure what to check for.

16. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Thats 3 of us wearing Long Branch today.
    Great looking shell westchesters, sir. Congrats.

17. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

I forget if you have a deer bone, Tif.
    You should have no problem getting that out.

18. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I do indeed, sir. I'll work on it this weekend. I'll report back with my results.

19. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Or drive up here, and Ill hook you up.

20. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Deer bone is awesome. I fixed a similar misstep by using a deerbone and brushing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.