• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magician Shaun

Reaction score
The Black PAs at my local rack are $199.

The reason I asked about the warranty was a thread here titled, Don't but AE at the rack or something like that. The poster said AE refused to warranty his shoe because they were seconds.

Nordstrom has a sale right after Christmas and AE matches Nordstroms?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

+1.  This is what I do as well.  I find that, as long as the gap is not too wide, it looks just as clean as the straight bar method.

Better shot of lacing and gap.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The reason I asked about the warranty was a thread here titled, Don't but AE at the rack or something like that. The poster said AE refused to warranty his shoe because they were seconds.

Interesting how varied the stock is at NR.

Regarding that thread you are referencing, there will certainly be differences of opinion regarding what a customer and what AE may call a "structural defect" on occasion. The bowing issue has been acknowledged by AE on some cases to be a problem with the leather itself. However, the fit of the shoe is the culprit in most cases I think (instep problems with certain lasts). Regardless, in the referenced thread, the shoes had been worn for a while, and they were still "structurally sound." They just didn't look visually appealing to the owner. AE probably could have warrantied them and kept a happier customer, but then again, maybe not. Visual defects aren't likely to ever be covered by AE on seconds after they are significantly worn. Examine them carefully before you buy them.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Park Avenues are typically only on sale during the Anniversary sale in July. If you cannot wait until then, I would pick them up from Brooks Brothers on 12/26 or get seconds during one of the seconds sales.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, someone in AE's shipping department really messed up. I was supposed to get a pair of Eagle Counties, but instead this is what I found:

I think I may keep it anyway.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've read that thread and I thinkt he OP was misinformed. I would bet that AE won't take it back as a return, but would be happy to recraft.

The Nordstrom sale starts at the end of December and puts a number of AE models at 33% off, I bought my PAs a few years ago at $229 or so which is better than the seconds price. The PAs have been on sale every time they had an AE sale since then. I actually recommend buying the shoes at Nordstrom over AE just because of their awesome return policy.

OptoDoc

Reaction score
Just put my second MTO order in: brown Shaker Heights with extra toe burnishing and dainite sole. No other alterations. Love that boot, especially now at 100 off. Thanks Allison!

I didn't know the Shaker Heights was clearance priced. Thanks for this, peppercorn! I have just emailed Allison to scrap what we were doing with the Eagle County and continue on with my original idea of a Shaker Heights sans tweed.
colgate.gif

YoungSweet

Reaction score

Yes (starting 12/26) and possibly Yes, depending on stores and SAs but why not.

I also have the FAs by BB and they are very comfortable, as they maybe on sale after christmas as well (12/26 only-just get my postcard in the mail). If you're not in a hurry to get them, I think the consensus is too wait ... maybe for a week
baldy[1].gif

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've read that thread and I thinkt he OP was misinformed. I would bet that AE won't take it back as a return, but would be happy to recraft.

The Nordstrom sale starts at the end of December and puts a number of AE models at 33% off, I bought my PAs a few years ago at $229 or so which is better than the seconds price. The PAs have been on sale every time they had an AE sale since then. I actually recommend buying the shoes at Nordstrom over AE just because of their awesome return policy.

They would absolutely do a recraft. The problem he was having wouldn't have been fixed by that, however.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tan Strandmoks with green laces standing in William S. Hart's boot prints in the forecourt of the Chinese Theater.......

tampatravel

Reaction score
Happy Holidays Everyone!

I'm getting my run on these shoes as much as I can for the next week or so...

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your post is somewhat perplexing because I've never seen the Park Avenues on sale at Nordstrom at any time other than during the Anniversary Sale. This question gets asked almost every December, and I've never seen a positive response indicating Park Avenues were actually part of the December sale whereas we typically have 100 or most posts on the subject every year during the Anniversary sale.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh you're right I had to check back a few years but it was during the anniversary sale. Hard to keep track with all the purchases in the past couple of years. My apologies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads