Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

CANVASBACK ALL WEATHER BOOTS ​

Interesting ... Don't think I've seen these before

[​IMG]

2. ayoungs

ayoungs Well-Known Member

There's something I like about those, can't put my finger on it... I want a pair..

3. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

To my knowledge MTO or Custom shoes can't be returned. Only stock sizes and styles can be returned. Once ordered they can't be cancelled or returned...you bought them!

See Ya,
    Steve

4. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Skip 'em and get the real thing with Bean Boots, which have authenticity and real water-proofedness. I'm not sure what AE is thinking with these "quasi-duck" boots, but they certainly aren't actually considering function.

5. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Senior member

Quote:Those strands can be returned or exchanged. Only shoes that are not part of the regular collection are non returnable.

6. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

Tried posting the inaugural wearing of my MTO Strands. Mobile site still won't allow me to post pictures.

Rest assured, they look great.

7. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

8. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

9. tats

tats Active Member

So the back of my heel came out yesterday (shoes are only 4ish months old and I wear them maybe twice a week if that)

[​IMG]

Do i have to send these back to AE if I want to maintain the re-craftability? I assume not but I wouldn't want to go to a local place and have them do something that AE would say voided their ability to recraft them eventually.

Thoughts?

10. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Replacing the toplift is amongst the simplest repairs for any local cobbler. It shouldn't have to go back to AE, and it shouldn't cause problems with recrafting later.

11. RecoveringChef

RecoveringChef Well-Known Member

I've had the exact same problem with all my Allen Edmonds. I'm a true 11D, but in the Park Ave, Strand, and McAllister (all balmorals) I wear a 10EEE. They don't fit very well, but they fit okay. As far as I can tell, most of the AE lasts don't accomodate a medium width foot with a high instep / high arch. Maybe others here can speak to that. Are we doomed to ill-fitting balmorals from AE? Do I just need to wear bluchers?

12. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

The better question is why would you not send them back to AE? If you email this pictures to customer service, they will email you a shipping label and will almost assuredly repair them for free. You won't be out any cash. The only reason to pay for a local guy to do it is if you can't be without these shoes for a couple of weeks. If you really want to go with the local guy, you should email customer service to make sure heal repair won't void the recraftability. I wouldn't think it would, but always safe to check with AE.

13. tats

tats Active Member

Thanks!

That is actually the only reason, I like these shoes and if I can have them done in a day and not screw myself with the recrafting I would prefer to just have it done quicker. And to be honest, I wouldn't expect AE to fix it for free, things happen and I've been wearing them a decent amount - I don't think this rises to the level of defect at all, just wear and tear, correct?

14. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

If that's the case, then go with the local guy. I emailed customer service a few years back to make sure that applying a topy would not negate recraftability and was told shoes are recraftable basically as long as nothing surgical is done, like resoling. If you're just doing normal wear, I'd consider the heel top lift falling off after 4 months to be a defect. Very minor, but a defect nonetheless.

15. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

Can anyone give me some sizing advice on the Macneil? I have a 10.5EE Park Ave which is a little tight on the top of my foot, and perhaps a little long. What size in the Macneil would be best?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.