Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

I was looking for the St George (Jodhpur) in burgundy shell.
    No can do... :(
    I saw that Carmina was doing an MTO shell version, but I was hoping for AE.

2. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Thanks for all of the input guys, really helps. This post was nice, seeing a picture next to the alden commando for reference.

Wondering if you guys can have a loot at my MTO and see if there is anything im missing. Going for a semi casual kind of look, but really, I am going to be wearing them with jeans or chinos most of the time. Drew some inspiration from the Alden Safari Boot from Leather sole, but really like the cap toe of the Eagle County.

-Snuff Suede upper with Independence lining (does this lining come in different colors?)
    -Tone on tone stiching
    -Leather insole
    -270 degree welt with a closed heel, brown welt and matching stitching (considering white stitching here)
    -Light brown transparent sole edge
    -No pull tab
    -Top 4 speed hooks, would like a brushed darkish metal, not sure of my options here.
    -Brown piping
    -Mini Lug Tape sole.

Anything im missing?

Also, I have a pair of black eagle countys currently, and they fit me really well, maybe a touch snug. I think they have a poron insole. Will moving from Calf to suede upper and poron to leather insole make this new EC fit roomier?

3. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

^ Mike, I can't believe you were able to hold out until now to wear those!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013

4. DHD28

DHD28 Senior member

Thanks for all the info, Gents. Since the weather is getting more and more horrid here in Chicago I was thinking about doing a Bayfield boot w/ some mini lug soles. The only issue is that I can't decide what I want the upper to be.

5. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

LoL. I have spent way too much on shoes in the past 60 days. I can barely keep up with wearing them! :-/ But I am powering through it. :)

-Mike

6. BCer

BCer Senior member

Love my Bayfields with their mini-lugs. Been in Chicago on business since Sunday, and living in mine. Dressy enough to wear to my business meetings, but I'm not afraid of a little snow or ice. Would recommend to anyone!
    [​IMG]

7. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

What a tease!! I came home tonight to a FedEx door tag. The number says it was sent from Port Washington, Wisconsin!

I missed my recraft shoes. Oh well...I promise I will post pics tomorrow. I had my Polo (AE model name no longer used for OBVIOUS reasons) Saddle Oxford recrafted and double JR soles put on.

I can't wait for tomorrow!!

8. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

That's what you think until your obsessive shoe spending pushes her into letting some other guy slip her the old Pringle can.

9. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

Must be tough work :). They are very beautiful. I'm jealous everyone I see them.

10. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

Are they able to do a 270 degree welt? They don't on any current models so I wouldn't've guessed so.

I asked Allison about the pull tab and whether she could have it moved down to resemble the Dalton, and she said it pretty much needs to stay as-is. I got the impression they wouldn't even let you opt out, but I'm not positive.

All accounts of the Poron insole make it sound like it makes them tighter, so I assume no Poron could make it roomier. I don't know how the Independence lining/insole compare to the standard and Poron insoles.

11. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

JAB has shoe trees for $8.5 a pair. Buy 15 pairs and you can get them for $6.80 a pair ($25 off $125 coupon).

12. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Interesting stuff here. I just emailed her back today with specs, so im going to wait and see what she says. Hopefully I can get what I want, but if there is some stuff that I can't have, i'll understand. Im not sure about any of my requests yet and whether or not they can be accommodated. Everything i've requested (except the 270 welt), i've seen asked for/done in at least one post before, as before I made this list up, I went back and looked at A LOT of MTO make ups on here. Thanks for chiming in on the Poron insole, what you said has echoed what i've heard.

What are the prospective specs on your make up? We're going to have a boat load of great looking eagle county boots on this thread in about 2-3 months time.

Can anyone comment on how the independence lining affects fit? My understanding is that there is no difference in fit, only in feeling, with the independence lining being a little softer, and a little bit more well made.

13. DNSamurai

DNSamurai Senior member

Ok, if you were trying to bring sexy back...which one of these EC MTO makeups would you go with?

Dark chocolate upper
    tone on tone stitching
    flat black welt
    poron insole
    dainite sole
    black speed hooks

Bourbon upper
    tone on tone
    extra burnishing to toe and heel
    poron insole
    natural split reverse welt
    wheeled edge
    mini lug outsole.

14. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Also, for those of you looking for an image of the Mini-lug sole that has been talked about here, it can found through this link

Catalog with all of the available sole models, dated 2013.

Left page, middle row, on the right.

15. jch1

jch1 Senior member

I stopped by the Lasalle street AE store this evening and briefly spoke with one of the designers. Unfortunately, the main designer was in a car accident on his way down and thus had not yet arrived. Apparently he had items from the spring collection, which I missed out on seeing. One of the employees at the store did say that she might take some pictures for me. Alternatively, she said to keep an eye on the Instagram account, as they may show up there in the near future.

Also, I took a look at the different sole options, and I have to say the Dainite sole is definitely the "sleekest" sole when compared to the mini lug sole. I'm not sure which I'm going to go with for my EC MTO.

Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.