1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

These came from Pelle Line.
    In case anyone needs motivation.

[​IMG]

2. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I'm motivated to find a foot stretcher...

3. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Why so, do tell?

I have had my adventures with shoe stretchers, as most of my initial AE's were bought a 1/2 size too small... :(

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  4. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Here are some tricks:

1)

I used this method with pretty good success for shoes that are a bit too narrow.

http://www.amazon.com/Kiwi-SELECT-U...qid=1405346246&sr=8-2&keywords=shoe+stretcher

Plus, use a wooden shoe tree with some thicker socks or double socks wrapping around the shoes. Basically spray the solution and put the shoes trees in the shoes for a day or two.

2) None of the socks I've come across are as thin as these:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/pa...ring=s~pantherella-mens-socks/&colorFamily=04

If you wear common brands such as goldtoe, BR etc...the Pantherella socks are thin enough where you'll actually gain some space back, probably by half a size in width. So C widith is more like it's between C and D now.

Conclusion:

Basically, you can manipulate fit by either permenantly altering the shoes by using a stretcher/spray solution or simply using thinner/thicker socks.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  5. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Haha! Foot stretcher, not shoe stretcher! I'm an 8.5D so I would need my foot stretched to fit into that 9.5D walnut Dalton that is available.

6. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I was with you Tif, I knew what you were thinking... ;-)

BK, yours are awesome! I am probably going to pull mine off the market place and just start wearing them... They just feel redundant against the Ravello WT Boots I am wearing right now...

7. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Would you mind listing the shoes that are in production? A bit curious.

8. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

^^ Dubs can't give out deets on his secret projects!!!

9. submatrix

submatrix Well-Known Member

Amazon won't price match on the Walnut Strands right? Only certain sizes are selling at the $240 price, the rest are $300+. I want to jump in :(

10. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Jeze, I can send you a list.

11. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Sure, PM works.

12. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I heard on the street that Dubs kidnapped an Alden factory worker and his holding him/her hostage until he/she completes 8 or 9 pairs of shoes. That's why he can't speak of it.

13. indigoroots

indigoroots Well-Known Member

I've heard you can price match at Nordstroms as well (haven't tried personally so YMMV)

14. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Good afternoon chaps! Does anyone have some shell exoerience to drop on me for the above?

15. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

I think it's too late for AE to give you some kind of refund/replacement.

What you want to do is to moisturize that gash with some of that white leather conditioner periodically. You don't want it to get too dry that it opens up even more. Cream polishes alos have moisturizers so that could give you some color whilst keeping it moisturized.

As to that stuff on the tongue, that's just par for the course with the eyelets. When I do a full reconditioning of my shoes, I take off the laces and they are there. Doesn't really bother me cause the laces cover that up.

16. IndianaGeo

IndianaGeo Well-Known Member

I'm not sure.. I just know I got a walnut strand and a black Park Ave.

IG

17. ScottMC

ScottMC Senior member

Got my Walnut Strands from the Nordstrom Anniversary sale early access. Does anyone know how to combat the squeaky tongue rubbing when I walk? [​IMG]

18. Denton

Denton Senior member

Found a pair of 10.5 D Canvasback at, of all places, Nordstrom Rack today. I'm a 10.5 D on the 5 last and while a completely different fit, a quick test shows I should be good in 10.5 D on the Canvasback as well. $169 + tax, a few cosmetic scratches but these are boots so forgivable. They'll be rough weather boots and will shovel snow, don't need anything too rugged.

19. Denton

Denton Senior member

At the small Nordstrom, there was Neumok, Strand, and Park Ave. A few loafers but had no desire to explore further. Surprisingly, some AE wasn't on sale like the Clifton. :(

20. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Forgive me asking this, but why not just LL Bean duck boots? These look pretty unimpressive, as far as I am concerned whereas duck boots are pretty much classic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.