Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Would you mind posting a few more pics of your Eagle County boots after the LP treatment? And by that, I mean new pics (I recall you saying initially when you first applied it it looked darker, but they lightened up some later . . . I'd like to see the "later"). The tan is a bit too orange for my liking and I'm looking to darken mine just ever so slightly.

Thanks!

2. FreedBird

FreedBird Senior member

Proof in point, Strand golf shoes....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[/SPOILER

3. DerangedGoose

DerangedGoose Senior member

How in the world do you keep white shoes like that clean? Especially on grass/dirt? I can only imagine how much harder it gets with suede...

4. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

5. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

6. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

I have strange fit issues with my McAllisters. The BB versions are tight due to the poron insole while my AE version are actually loose and I had to install a tongue pad, these are both the same size. Now with my strands, this is my second pair and they seem to fit the same as my others, although I haven't really worn them.

Between AE and BB, the BB are noticeably heavier which felt strange when I was walking in both of them. I believe the BB shoes have a double sole, although I may be wrong.

7. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Bored and I had my shoe care stuff at work so decided to polish my Daltons.

[​IMG]

8. millerbk

millerbk Active Member

I ordered my cappuccino MacNeils in June. I returned the first pair for defects and the last two pairs AE made didn't pass final inspection. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the stock of cappuccino cordovan or a problem with craftsmen making the shoes. The positive about the whole ordeal is Allison has been great through the whole process and it's unfortunate she has to deal with all these problems. Overall this MTO experience has been a headache that I don't think I will be doing again.

9. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

...glad you asked, clarksdb.

[​IMG] "ahem..."

Suits...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (I'll change laces here)

...and slacks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These shoes seem to EASILY dress up or down. An informal survey gives it an easy majority thumbs up. Time to pick up belt.

10. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

11. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Senior member

An update:

I did send these webgems back immediately this week. The more I looked at the flaws the less I could justify them on a $500 pair of shoes. I must commend the staff of the AE Philadelphia store in particular and AE corporate in Wisconsin. I was concerned that maybe I was being too picky, however the AE staff seemed even more upset and perturbed than I was by the fact that these left the factory as firsts considering that these were the second attempt to craft the shoes after the first ones failed inspection. They did more than I or anyone on this forum would reasonably expect to correct the situation, so much so that I was somewhat embarrassed by the gestures made. This organization's focus on customer service really is astonishing compared to anything else I've ever seen before....by anyone. They went above and beyond to to make sure there was no sour taste left in my mouth following the obvious disappointment. AE Philadelphia gets an A+ for service above and beyond the call of duty.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  12. d4nimal

d4nimal Senior member

Did anyone else notice the Eagle County is exactly the RL Illford boot in more casual leather and a canvas panel w/ a different sole? I ended up on a MTO configuration very similar to the Illford independently, and then ran across these pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I ended up settling on:
    Burnished Walnut Calf upper
    3 Speed hooks at the top of the lacing, brass eyelets
    Dark brown contrast stitching similar to above (put this request in late so I hope she got it in, the picture above changed my mind)

Independence leather insole
    Black split reverse welt

Vibram mini lug outsole
    Brown transparent edge dressing

Looking to seeing the bourbon configuration from everyone as well

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  13. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

[​IMG]

Merlot strands seconds after a rub down of conditioner cleaner and laces up with candy canes. Gonna wear them for the first time at my company's year end dinner. Let's see how the conservative higher-ups react! Hahaha

14. njruss

njruss Senior member

An update:

I did send these webgems back immediately this week. The more I looked at the flaws the less I could justify them on a $500 pair of shoes. I must commend the staff of the AE Philadelphia store in particular and AE corporate in Wisconsin. I was concerned that maybe I was being too picky, however the AE staff seemed even more upset and perturbed than I was by the fact that these left the factory as firsts considering that these were the second attempt to craft the shoes after the first ones failed inspection. They did more than I or anyone on this forum would reasonably expect to correct the situation, so much so that I was somewhat embarrassed by the gestures made. This organization's focus on customer service really is astonishing compared to anything else I've ever seen before....by anyone. They went above and beyond to to make sure there was no sour taste left in my mouth following the obvious disappointment. If anyone is looking for a reference to an A+ master fitter that knows the catalog and fit profiles of all the shoes inside and out, please do not hesitate to reach out to me via Private Message.. Out of privacy concerns, I'd rather not name names on the internet.[/quo

so, what exactly they do?

15. 850csi

850csi Senior member

Wow, I'm still waiting on samples, but thanks for posting that. I also independently had a configuration pretty similar to that. Which leather did you go with?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.