1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I don't know about them looking stupid... I quite liked mine this past winter, treated with HDLP, they did the job.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. DerangedGoose

DerangedGoose Senior member

The red sole is definitely worse on the black than the white is on the tan, but the tan/white still has too much of a timberland vibe going on for me. If anything the tan/red would be better, but thats still not good. The people who managed to get in on the MTO were lucky indeed

3. Trader George

Trader George Senior member

Does anybody happen to have any experience with Allen Edmonds briefcases? I'm in need of a new one, but I want to make sure the quality of it is on par with the price tag.

Also, if the following is against the rules of the forums, please let me know and I'll remove this section from my post:

I have a brand new pair of 8D Park Aves in merlot (as well as a brand new pair of 8D strands in dark brown), if anybody here is interested in them before I post a thread in the marketplace in a few hours, feel free to PM me and we can discuss.

4. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

What do you use to treat your Eagle County boots? Mine look decidedly lighter and dry, but I haven't really put anything on except a little AE conditioner cleaner a couple times, which does nothing. I'd be interested in getting a slightly darker/deeper color like yours.

5. helius0

helius0 Well-Known Member

I'd pick up a pair of the brown/white ones in a heart beat if it were available in my size.

I won't defend the black/red ones, but then again, I'm not really into black boots.

6. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I may be wrong, but I think those were an MTO in tan Dublin.

7. Scottyb06

Scottyb06 Senior member

Deets on the watch?

1 person likes this.
  8. DerangedGoose

DerangedGoose Senior member

Looks like a Ticino Pilot watch. There are dozens of brands making the stereotypical "pilot" watch. That looks like a larger model. Look up Ticino aka SizzlinWatches, they sell several (mechanical) models/sizes/dials for around $200

9. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

I think AE's briefcases are fine (especially when they're discounted, which they are pretty frequently), but if you haven't already done so you should check out other American-made brands. A few that come to mind are Ghurka, Saddleback, Billykirk, and J.W. Hulme. (AE also sells Hulme's products, although I'm not sure why you would buy them from AE instead of directly from Hulme.) I believe there are multiple SF threads on these brands and others.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  10. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I would add Frank Clegg to that list.

11. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  12. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

The Independence Day Seconds Sale is up at Shoebank.com: All independence line shoes are $229 (cordovan excluded of course).

I think this is a great deal! I already purchased a pair of Jeffersons (brown) and Harrisons (black). The Harrisons will replace my Park Aves in black.

1 person likes this.
  13. FreedBird

FreedBird Senior member

Yes, that explains the color differnence.

Not a Ticino, but Ticino probably uses many of the same suppliers as the buyer I got this watch from. It is a "Parnis" which is kind of a brand of similar watches made in different factories with similar parts suppliers. This one is a mechanical ICW pilot homage. They can be found pretty easily for under $100 on eBay, just make sure you use a reputable seller.

14. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

In regards to the Independence collection: I know they are supposed to be of a higher quality than the normal AE calfskin, but can anyone speak for the durability of the upper (does it crease more than others) and what the difference is between Independence-line sole vs. their normal line (does it wear through quicker)?

15. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

These were the MTO seconds scored by freedbird of my MTO. The leather is actually waxy tan saddle same as the Elgin.

16. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Ain't wearing boots today. Wearing shell cord Jefferson with my b-type flieger.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Odradek

Odradek Senior member

Do AE outlet stores ever have discounts on 4th of July?
    Thinking of buying a pair today, but would I be better to wait until tomorrow?

Thanks

18. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Nice and well done, the waxy tan saddle leather of the Elgin is my favorite of the rough collection, including CXL. I was thinking the other day that if AE had any left I would consider it for a pair of MTO boots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have been using Bickmore Bick 4 to treat them and then buffing, it has been working well for me.
    lightbox Elgin

19. peppercorn78

Independence line on sale for 229$ this weekend.

20. peppercorn78

Yes, they do have more. The current linen/leather webgems are using it.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.