• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subutai

Reaction score

Indyoshi, sorry to hear about your webgems. I am very tolerant of blemishes for seconds, but I would very quickly return those Franciscans. The Parkways look great, the question is whether or not you prefer the darker bourbon...

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of Park Aves back in February of this year. After about two months of wear, the leather on the inside part of the heel on both shoes started to split. I went back to the store where I bought them and they had a new pair sent to me, which was great. That was back in June/July. But after maybe a month or two wearing the newer pair I started to notice that the creasing was a little more extreme or pronounced than it was on the original pair.

I have a pair of Fifth Aves that aren't this bad either. Any idea if this would be an issue they'd fix by replacing the shoes again, or am I most likely stuck with them since they already replaced 1 pair because of something else?

edit: Forgot to mention that I use conditioning cream and polish about every 2 or 3 weeks and only wear the shoes twice a week

AdamAdam

Reaction score

Thanks. The Neumora is on the 333-last, so it has a chiseled toe while the Mora 2.0 is on the 8-last and has a round toe. I suppose they are basically the same shoes in different lasts, so I can see why they discontinued the Neumora.

How did you size the 8-last compared to others?

piuyu

Reaction score
I wear my shoes, that's a good idea, since the black edging is going to look bad as I kick the **** out of them. He actually really likes that I buy quality shoes and then actually wear them as shoes.
9uLlxh

Last edited:

BARNFARM

Reaction score

I suppose that's a bit more reassuring, then. There just weren't two creases on the top part of the original pair that met at one point and ran down the outer part of the shoe together. But if it doesn't look terribly unusual, then I guess there's nothing to worry about. I did get fitted at a factory store over the weekend to see what size Daltons I should wear, and the associate who helped me there suggested a 10.5E vs the 10E I have for my Park and Fifth Aves. They're made from the same last so maybe I panicked a bit and assumed the creasing was because of incorrect size. The two that I have are a bit snug, and I probably should've sized up. I didn't get very good help from the associate at the DC store when I bought my first pair :embar:.

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
Could someone please PM me allison's email for MTO? I have searched, but only have turned up a few phone numbers.

Thanks in advance

EEWithoutStyle

Reaction score
Unboxed my Park Aves today from the Thanksgiving sale and overall am pleased with them. The only thing that I found is the extra thread on the back of the shoe. Should I just snip off the extra with scissors? Also would appreciate if anyone else can spot anything that I may have missed (I honestly don't see anything else wrong with them) as these are my first decent pair of shoes.

kentyman

Reaction score
They look extremely similar to my walnut shell Daltons, but are more comfortable. So now that has me thinking about selling the Daltons.

What size? ;)

kentyman

Reaction score
Could someone please PM me allison's email for MTO? I have searched, but only have turned up a few phone numbers.

Thanks in advance

Sadly, the search here seems to be really nerfed. Here's an example Google search that answers your question. I'm sharing this instead of the answer so that others know how to better search this thread:

https://www.google.com/search?q=site:styleforum.net+"allen+edmonds+appreciation+thread"+allison+email+allenedmonds.com

kentyman

Reaction score
Unboxed my Park Aves today from the Thanksgiving sale and overall am pleased with them. The only thing that I found is the extra thread on the back of the shoe. Should I just snip off the extra with scissors? Also would appreciate if anyone else can spot anything that I may have missed (I honestly don't see anything else wrong with them) as these are my first decent pair of shoes.

Yes, you should be able to just snip that thread. You could also consider melting the end with a flame, though you'd want to be quick and careful.

As for other problems, if you don't see 'em, they don't exist! But seriously, I didn't notice anything.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Black Friday purchases arrived today, brown waxy Longbranch and brown Neumora. The Neumoras are definitely going back. With my wide foot - 9EEE- they just do not look good.

As for the Longbranch, I can't find a singe thing wrong with them and they feel good. They look extremely similar to my walnut shell Daltons, but are more comfortable. So now that has me thinking about selling the Daltons.

I'm also still interested in the MTO Eagle County (sent Allison an email, haven't heard anything back yet), as well as the Rothsay.
The long branch looks similar to your walnut shell daltons?
Would you mind posting pictures?
I own both, and I don't think they look at all alike. The leather is so different, and the soles are as well.

EEWithoutStyle

Reaction score
Yes, you should be able to just snip that thread. You could also consider melting the end with a flame, though you'd want to be quick and careful.

As for other problems, if you don't see 'em, they don't exist! But seriously, I didn't notice anything.
Thank you! Lacing them up as I type this, I'm so excited! Unfortunately an addiction is growing as I want bourbon Strands now as well :( I can't afford to be in this game lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads