Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

How much did they cost you?

2. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

kentyman, did you notice a change in the color after you started hitting your strands with the polish? I feel like the darker, burnished areas of the shoe 'lightened', becoming more brown/bourbon than the original 'blackish lowlights', and the lighter brown sections (that make the shoe color unique) becoming more brown? Any recent pics? I'm curious to know what becomes of them!

3. DHD28

DHD28 Senior member

Bought a pair of walnut ones a couple weeks back from Amazon in the D width with the 30% off + Chase Rewards Credit which equaled $220 shipped.

Wore them twice, came to the realization they were too tight. Put them on ebay yesterday and they sold for $280 this morning.

$299 from JVille in the E width. No discounts. But no need. Had Deb inspect the pair and she wasn't able to find a single flaw.

[​IMG]

PICS IN A COUPLE OF DAYS!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013

4. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

I can confirm this. There's definitely no upcharge for the CXL uppers.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013

5. d4nimal

d4nimal Senior member

Does anyone have a top down picture of any shoes/boots made on the 222 last WITHOUT a reverse/split welt? For MTO imagination ;)

I'm trying to picture what the Eagle County would look like with a standard welt on it but the Allen Edmonds site only has 2 views of the Williams and New Orleans. Those are the only shoes I could find on the 222 last without the split welt.

6. frosejr

frosejr Active Member

Question about the Neumoks: if I'm a 12C in the 7 last, what size does anyone recommend for the Neumoks on the 5 last? I love those jingle bell moks.

7. cnhabs

cnhabs Member

If I have the Fifth Avenue in both black and walnut, would it be a bad idea to get the Strand in walnut too? Do the 2 styles look too similar?

8. doctorman

doctorman Senior member

i would totally get the strand. strand, to me, is a must-have. i have both the fifth ave and strand in walnut.

9. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

Actually, I just polished them today. I've polished them once or twice before with Walnut, but today was the first day to polish with the (new) Bourbon color. I also own the old Bourbon polish but I never used it because it's so different.

Here're before and after pics from today, although they admittedly don't show much:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Compare with day one:

[​IMG]

The lighting is a little different which explains some variation, but I must admit that every time I condition these I get a good amount of blackish-brown off.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013

10. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

Thanks for the pics! Same here with the rub off during the conditioning; It made me wonder what they would look like after, say, 5 conditionings and 25 polishes... Looks like yours are none the worse for wear, though - and that's all the reassurance I need! Great color, even thought it's 'not' a color?!?! Love it anyway! [​IMG]

11. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

has anyone applied Saphir Renovateur to their AE Daltons (Bourbon)? I applied the cream yesterday and it seemed to darken the leather....

12. DHD28

DHD28 Senior member

Did you want the leather to darken?

13. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Nope.

14. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

Yeah, I always get rub off on these, but honestly don't seem to change the color even when I try. In particular, there are few spots that are a tad over-burnished that I scrubbed with Conditioner/Cleaner for quite a while, and though I was able to lessen the inconsistencies, I wasn't able to completely remove them. Because of this, I'm confident they won't ever turn into plain ol' Walnut.

15. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

Strange; I've never seen Reno darken anything, and it certainly didn't darken my Bourbon Strands. Just how much are you putting on them? Perhaps you way overdid it and they're still saturated? I've been using very light superficial coats because I've read a lot about how a little goes a long way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.