Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DerangedGoose

DerangedGoose Senior member

Thats crazy, I thought only the grey long branch was available for 99. Youre saying you got the brown for that much?

2. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Sweet! Did you get the Aberdeens for $99 or $149? Because they are on sale for $99 too.

What size were you in the Long Branch? Because I called the Jville store to try and get one but they didnt have it in my size!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013

3. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

My shell MTO boots were $590 during the RDA sale.

4. natron20

natron20 Member

Yes, I got the brown Long Branch for $99. I didn't even know they had a gray option. I might have made that purchase today too had I known and they had stock.

I'm sorry they didn't have your size. Mine are 10 EEE.

Had no idea the Aberdeen's were on sale for $99 too. These were marked $149, I think. I'm not going to complain though since it seems like I got a screaming deal regardless.

5. DHD28

DHD28 Senior member

Quick! Fine people, Dark Brown Long Branch 1sts or Dark Chocolate Dalton 2nds ????

6. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Ch

Chocolate Dalton's for sure!

7. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Senior member

I just ordered dark brown Long Branch in 1st quality since I was looking for a bad weather boot. Anybody have pictures of this version? I was advised against the waxy brown leather because I was told that they wear much more poorly and AE stopped production of these because of that. Any opinions on this matter?

8. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Chocolate Daltons are amazing, I had a pair in a size too big and ended up selling them off and picking up the Bourbon Dalton in the correct size. Don't get me wrong I love the Bourbon but I find myself drooling now every time someone posts pics of a Chocolate pair. I will be picking them up again eventually for sure.

9. DHD28

DHD28 Senior member

Done deal. Choco Daltons coming by Tuesday.

10. d4nimal

d4nimal Senior member

I don't know what is up with the pictures of "bourbon" on the site. I agree, looks nothing like that in real life. I was trying to figure out if I wanted to jump on the bourbon Eagle County bandwagon and looked at literally every picture of bourbon AE's on the website and posted in the forum here and they vary pretty wildly.

In the end I think I'm going to end up making a burnished walnut Eagle County. I was teetering on getting a burnished Merlot but I already own Chocolate Daltons and no lighter boots.

*****Question: Standard on the Eagle County and some other boots/shoes are the split/reverse welt. In my research I've heard most people say they do NOT waterproof the shoe more considerably. Is it 100% simply a cosmetic feature or does it have any actual utility?

11. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

My own dogs have gotten just as soggy in both kinds of shoes on such rare, unfortunate, and unexpected occasions.

12. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

+1...

I got two different bourbon shoes after a return - same style - but different colors...initially. You said what I thought (a wide color saturation range), until I polished my bourbon strands for the first time. They turned into your posted picture's color. Exactly... I was almost upset. It looks better than the darker brown if you ask me, but there is definitely a difference from shoe to shoe, and definitely a difference once you start polishing away some of the work done by that black wheel. Kentyman's profile pic is how mine started, then they turned into the above Sapienza pic's color.

13. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

For completeness, here're more pictures of mine right out of the box over a year ago:

14. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Senior member

I think my concerns have been put to ease after seeing much better pics of the dark brown Long Branch boots on Zappos' website:

http://m.zappos.com/allen-edmonds-long-branch-dark-brown-grain-leather

15. k9n

k9n Senior member

y

I saw both side by side and I went with the dark brown grain as well (posted pics a few pars back). The waxy leather felt and looked cheap. Enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.