Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

Are you near an AE store? I would recommend going to an AE store and get fitted by someone. Nordstrom's SA may not be knowledgeable about different AE lasts and how AE shoes may fit. Plus, AE stores should carry various width sizes. If this is your first AE pair, make sure you get the right size. Black Friday maybe great but I've seen the Park Aves on sale through out the year. Don't rush yourself just to get the sale and end up with a pair of ill-fitted shoes.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  2. EEWithoutStyle

EEWithoutStyle Senior member

Thanks for the feedback. I do have a couple AE stores in the area but have to go out of my way to get to them. Ill stop by one tomorrow. This will be my first pair of AE and as a matter of fact, first decent pair of shoes. Looking for Park Aves to use on upcoming job interviews so I'd rather just get them now. I always feel weird walking into a store and getting fitted and not buying anything but I guess I have to do it to get the right fit.

3. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

Go back and try on any fine calfskin (non-distressed, etc.) balmoral oxford on the 5-65 last, preferably from their Timeless Classics line so it has the same single oak sole, lining, etc. I would suggest the Fifth Avenue, Strand, and McAllister, in that order, as the actual pieces of leather that comprise the uppers are closest to the Park Avenue from left to right.

4. EEWithoutStyle

EEWithoutStyle Senior member

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be going to an AE store tomorrow for another fitting.

5. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Yup. Here is a Cappuccino shell MTO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

Got my shell Daltons with torn tab back from AE and sure enough they fixed it. Did a pretty darn good job, too, compared to how they looked. And since it went through the recrafting department, I even got a $35 gift card for the trouble, which I think is way above and beyond. What a company.

7. fulllavor

fulllavor New Member

Just got my Hinsdales and shell Bradleys. Love the Hinsdales but not sure about the Bradleys. Might throw them up on B&S before sending them back and see if I can pass along a good deal to another SFer. They are seconds, but you know any defects are minor.
    [​IMG]

8. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

Would you mind posting pics of the Bradley's? Although Alden's NST seems to be very popular, the Bradley's don't seem to get much love. I'd love to get a better feel for what they look like

9. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Good Evening,

Before I finally started breaking in my Harrison's, I had to just take one more last round of pictures. All future pics from here forward will be of them with feet in them or with some wear!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

10. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

I bought the Brooks Newmoks (that's how it's spelled for Brooks) in snuff suede. They're great shoes. They have the partial rubber sole...very nice.

11. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Loving those. So, if you put a butyl double sole on them they would basically be captoe Daltons, right?

12. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Yeah, those are still stunning. Damn, seeing those always makes me want black cordovan. And I'm very happy with my current black shoes and have no need for more. AND, I'm at week 7 waiting for my burgundy shell Kenilworth MTO! BUT STILL! ...ogle...

13. DHD28

DHD28 Senior member

Mike,

Amazing as always. Very nice shell presidents.

I pray that my Spectators are finishing up without any problems. And hope that they get shipped out in a couple of days!

14. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

They are beautiful.

15. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

Nice make up on the Leeds. Recently I did an Olive green Strandmok with the same accouterments that you listed there. It is very nice.

I just placed a MTO yesterday. For the record I have had made in the past 2 Walnut Shell Cordovan Macneils and an Olive Green Strandmok. I currently have a Burgundy Shell Fraciscan on order. It should ship next week.

I saw and loved the look of the TBNY Lincoln. I was unsure of the quality for the price vs. AE. So, I was contemplating getting a pair of Bayfields in Bourbon Calf with some extra burnishing to the toe and heel… But then I looked closely at the Eagle County. They are on sale for $197. I saw someone do a special treatment of them on here, and the looked pretty good. So I realized that boot has some nice potential minus the white sole, so here is what I ordered yesterday for $197.

Eagle County in Bourbon Calf. Tone on tone stitching, Extra burnishing to the toe and heal. Black split reverse welt on a leather midsole with a mini lug outsole. Brown transparent edge dressing.

A one off custom MTO boot for $197, now how can I beat that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.