1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clarksdb

clarksdb Distinguished Member

Wow hmmm I will call back and confirm because the lady yesterday did tell me I had to pay the Ohio taxes.

2. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior Member

I just checked my last receipt (August 2013), and there was no tax on there. Only tax I've ever paid is when I've been there in person.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013

3. k9n

k9n Senior Member

Sales tax is paid on an order if it will be shipped to a location (state) where there is an AE store.

4. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Distinguished Member

Louisiana has an AE store, but I pay only the state tax and not the local tax for orders shipped to me from out of state. Saves me about 5%.

5. clarksdb

I believe that is what happened as they were getting some of the shoes shipped. I will call to clarify though.

6. cincikid

cincikid Senior Member

I am 100% positive you don't have to pay the Ohio sales' tax since you are outside of the state and even the country. I am sure you got the tax charged by mistake (happened to me as well couple times before).

7. clarksdb

Good to hear. Hopefully I wont have to pay it because I know I always get charged customs so paying taxes twice is just killer. Will call them tomorrow morning.

8. bgp001

bgp001 Well-Known Member

Quote:This is extremely unusual. I called Saturday and was told they could reserve my order but that they had to call to confirm that the $99 sale would take place. They called back on Sunday to say it was taking place, and to take down my payment info. I don't see how there's such confusion when they called to confirm the sale. :puzzled:

9. 850csi

850csi Senior Member

Fellas, what's the lowest you've ever seen Dalton seconds drop? Are they a can't miss deal @ $210, or will I likely see them at that price again?

I want bourbons and they don't have them in my size right now other than Walnut. Probably also better for my wallet that I hold off.

10. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Distinguished Member

$210 sounds pretty good to me. I have a list from August where they are shown at $199, but I wouldn't know where that ranks historically. The most recent list I have (from last week) says $299.

11. jungleroller

jungleroller Distinguished Member

Somehow this shoe has been hiding from my radar. The "Williams". This may have to be my next purchase.

[​IMG]

12. cincikid

cincikid Senior Member

This is essentially a RL Sanderson, which you can get at $149 during this sale.

13. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

...assuming Shoe Bank has his size. AE doesn't make those in wide or narrow...

14. delmar

delmar Senior Member

Thought I'd share some pictures of a burgundy shell wallet and watchband I just got from Ashland Leather. I posed them with a pair of burgundy shell Cambridges from AE since this is an AE appreciation thread--although I know there are a lot of people who just like looking at shell, no matter where it comes from. I am very pleased with the quality of the watchband and wallet. I would have put it on a watch for the picture, but it wouldn't fit on the watch I had it in mind for. How do you like that Horween stamp placement?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. 7_rocket

7_rocket Distinguished Member

I emailed the shoe bank for strands in walnut in size 8D. For Canadian members are duty and taxes alot? I read on another forum that some users didn't get hit with duty or taxes via fedex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.