1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackwatch

blackwatch New Member

I'm a 10.5 3E in the 5 last and picked up the Aberdeen in the same size a few weeks ago when it hit the closeout list. Really wish I would have gone down a half size. These shoes are long. I have creasing in the wingtip portion of the shoe which is undesirable. That said, if they have a 10 3E in tan for $99, I'll probably pick it up as I have the dark brown.

2. njruss

njruss Senior Member

I believe that the coupon is only valid on full price seconds. They will probably not further discount the black friday specials.

3. mmmtttt

mmmtttt Senior Member

I'm actually pretty sure they will apply the coupon ont the Black Friday specials.

I will try to reach Kristle sometimes that weekend to clarify all of those questions people have been having and I will report back in this thread.

4. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior Member

I'm interested in the AE RL Saunders. Does anyone know what last they are in? I'm a 9.5D in the 5 last and 9.5 B in the 3 last. What size should I go for?

5. AT83

AT83 Active Member

Independence Strands MTO

Strand in Independence Burnished Walnut Upper & Lining
    Wheeled Welt and edge like the Jefferson
    V-Tread Tap Sole (Wish the McAdam had been out and known that there was an independence tap sole option)
    Mismatched sizes so my feet stay happy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    They arrived in a Bourbon Strand Box and are very nice and fit pretty well. The left shoe laces all the way closed while the right has a slight vee. As they stretch I may need to eventually have a tongue pad. The joys of low volume, narrow heel, normal to wide toes.

They do have one issue. It seems small and I haven't decided if I should contact Allison or not. After the Bayfield sole issue I'd hate to be labeled a whiner. There is a strange fold on the inside of the left shoe. It's almost like the outer leather was bigger than the lining leather so it ballooned out so they just ironed it flat leaving a crease. There is also a larger bump on the left shoe from the inner heel and it sits a bit funny and got burnished differently because it is harder. The next three pictures are of this area. You can really tell that the left shoe curves in while the normal looking right shoe just smoothly comes up more straight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I don't know if this crease/bump area will just eventually look normal as the shoes wear in and crease, or if it will always draw my eye as I often sit with an ankle resting on my other knee. Let me know what you guys think.

6. Subutai

Subutai Senior Member

Great looking MTO, congrats!! I am a huge fan of the independence leathers and finish. I personally don't think the slight bump is an issue at all. I think it's a very very slight imperfection and you'll develop worse creasing through normal wear. I say keep them, they look great!

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

SPOILER TAGS PEOPLE

8. jungleroller

jungleroller Distinguished Member

How does one accomplish that?

9. Subutai

Subutai Senior Member

Yeah agreed, my fault

10. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior Member

yes... let me clarify... I was commenting on the normality, not the snobbery of the Alden thread with all of that uncle/nephew/argyles/old man leggedness that goes on there. I would agree that there is little if any snobbery.

11. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior Member

The shoes look great. I see your point about the hump, could be a deal breaker for me if they cause any discomfort.

Quick question, what was the final cost for the pair? Did they charge you Strand pricing or Independence line pricing?

12. jungleroller

jungleroller Distinguished Member

Figured it out

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013

13. fourspin

fourspin Well-Known Member

Anyone have some shots with Mora 2.0's in Bourbon with jeans? Looking for some inspiration...

14. wilbromarshall

wilbromarshall Active Member

I just ordered the Eagle County a week ago, in part because they are eligible for recrafting, and I am thinking about the Caron City in Black Distressed Leather for the same reason - I can recraft to a black rubber sole when the time comes.
    [​IMG]

15. dancingbear

dancingbear Senior Member

I think you should shoot a picture back to Allison for consultation on the hump/fold. If you are willing to wait for the redo, then send it back. That type of fold will not develop with normal wear. On the plus side, if you choose to keep it, I doubt anyone will ever notice.

Very nice makeup btw. The Independence leather, especially in walnut, is a significant upgrade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.