Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

I would go try on 2 last models in those sizes if you can. My standard advice would be to try an 11E, since an 11E is shorter and wider than an 11.5D. Even if its a big snug, it could certainly be stretched another width or easily to the width of your current shoe. You might try a 10.5EE also. For example, I measure an 11E, but the best fit for me in the 5 last was a 10.5EEE.

2. evilWagon

evilWagon Senior member

Been breaking in my brown CXL bayfields that I scored as a second. Close raise between them and my kenilworths for the title of my favorite AE.

Does anyone have any black cxl footwear?

3. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

Thank you! The root canal wasn't terrible, the dentist was quick. A little sore still, but she shoes definitely make it better!
    Thank you! They are actually one of my favorite pairs at the moment, but I just got my MTO which I love also, but the fit on the MacNeil is actually much better for my foot. I like a more tapered leg when I'm wearing jeans since they show off the shoe a little more. I think both styles look fine though.

Speaking of the dentist performing the work, he and the pharmacist I went to see afterward both complimented the shoes. [​IMG]

4. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

I love it! Definitely a unique pair now.

I wish AE stocked a dressier Navy calf or at least Navy CXL. I might have to do an MTO in the blue neumok or the dark blue they have the for jingle bell mok if that stock is available.

5. FreedBird

FreedBird Senior member

Agreed, I wish they did the Nuemora in a dark navy calfskin. I picked up a pair of McAllisters in navy that I am selling, they are a little bit more dressy than the Nuemok, but still somewhat casual.

[​IMG]

6. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

As some others have suggested, 8D. I wear 7.5EE on the 5 last and 8E on the 1 last.

7. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

Just wanted to keep all my posts separate based on topic, but I wanted to show off my MTO order:

Brown Shell Cordovan Strand in 8.5E. They aren't crazy since AE already makes shell strands, but here are the specs of my order.

*DARK BROWN CORDOVAN
    *TONE ON TONE
    *INDEPENDENCE LINING LEATHER AND INSOLE
    *CHILI FLAT WELT
    *TRANSPARENT LIGHT BROWN EDGE DRESSING
    *SINGLE RENDENBACH SOLE
    *WHEELED EDGE DRESSING
    *LIGHT BROWN TRANSPARENT EDGE DRESSING

Only thing is that he right shoe is a bit tight, and I get some slight bowing. I should have taken the opportunity to get a EE or EEE on just one shoe while I could, but it's not too big of a deal.

Let me know what you guys think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Put some flat laces on them. Independence lining is visible inside.

[​IMG]

Light brown natural edge

[​IMG]

Chili flat welt with Independence wheeling

[​IMG]

Took one with flash, just because.

[​IMG]

8. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Those are absolutely awesome. I might have to copies these some day! The Strand is my absolute favorite AE shoes. I think that the rolled edging makes any shoe look more refined. Enjoy them and wear them often! -Mike

9. dawkplex

dawkplex Member

Are there AE sales coming up this holiday season? I know they have a boot sale right now, but I didn't know if AE has Black Friday or Cyber Monday sales.

10. DHD28

DHD28 Senior member

Pulled the trigger on some walnut calf Daltons from Amazon. 30% + Chase rewards credit + one day delivery = $220 shipped.

11. deeselcyde

deeselcyde Active Member

They told me that they would have them ready for me by Wednesday. I'm in Southern California and I believe the repair factory is in the LA area.

Their customer service is top notch and I assume if I have a similar problem in the coming months, they'll take care of me. Thoughts?

12. DerangedGoose

DerangedGoose Senior member

anyone have pics of the shaker heights in action? specifically the black ones?

13. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

The manager at my local store sent me this yesterday. Sorry for the attachment but it didn't paste well into the message. It looks like some of the boot prices may be the same as what's available now but there are additional items on here. The Vernon looks like a good deal. Enjoy...

Good Morning,

I am writing to give you some advanced notice on our upcoming after Thanksgiving sale. This year we have compiled a more extensive list of shoes and boots than we have offered in previous years. I wanted to share this information with you now so that I can arrange to have inventory on hand for you. Please see the attached list.

In addition to this list of shoes and boots, special offers will be available on other items such as leather goods and apparel. Also, please keep in mind that shipping is always complementary from my store. We can make any arrangements for you over the phone if that is more convenient. Thank you for your continued patronage and support.

14. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Thanks for the heads-up, Adam. Fwiw, I was left unimpressed with the Black Friday offerings though.

15. jguyette

jguyette Well-Known Member

Is the Carson City boot something new? I don't recall seeing that before. The dark brown looks pretty nice.
    For that matter, never saw the MacAdam boot before, either.
    Any other new models?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.