1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Haha. Maybe if he didn't post the price...

2. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Jeez. Keep them, and buy some brown edge dressing. Problem solved, and a few hundred bucks saved.

3. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

This is true, too. I definitely would not leave them like that if the OP did keep them. The dark welt and light edge does not go together. BITB is right. Some brown edge dressing and these would look nice!

On the other hand; as I said earlier, I am a fan of getting what I want. 1-2months isn't that bad. I doubt you would have to walk around barefoot until they got remade :D

4. jch1

jch1 Senior member

Again, thank you all for your inputs. I'm probably going to keep them at this price, and apply some darker edge dressing to make everything match better. As someone mentioned in the MTO thread, I could use the difference towards a new MTO!

5. Biogon35

Biogon35 Member

[​IMG]

Love those shoes. I have the Jeffersons from that line, and really like them a lot.

For the fun of comparing cap toes, here are the Bourbon Fifth Avenues I'm wearing today. Not sure the socks are working.

1 person likes this.
  6. Biogon35

Biogon35 Member

Meant to reply to Trader George's picture of his Rutledges... doh. Apologies for not figuring these forum posting mechanics.

7. BolognaFingers

BolognaFingers Senior member

I'm wearing a lighter blue navy suit in my wedding. White shirt, grey tie. I'm thinking of trying to rock the Green Olive Neumoks. Thoughts? Or I may just play it safe an do the Bourbon Mora 2.0s.

8. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

Play it safe.

9. pudman43

pudman43 Senior member

[/quote]
    I agree with Optodoc, I'd go with the Bourbon, NOT Olive. J

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  10. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I think you made the correct choice sir! Sometimes a contrasting welt can be cool. The missing wheeling is not the end of the world to me, but it does provide a nice touch if you look at them very closely.

Here are my Alden LHS loafers in Whiskey Shell that have a darker welt with light shell and edging.

[​IMG]

I say you start with the contrast and darken the edges if it bothers you too much. It's hard to go back once you have darkened them.

-Mike

11. Okie364

Okie364 New Member

What do you guys think are the best uses for the Brown Jermyn's and the Black Fifth Street's? Suit ok for either of these?

12. Trader George

Trader George Senior member

Got bored and decided to take a picture of my babies. (I don't know why the quality is so poor, but I apologize for that in advance).

[​IMG]

From left to right:
    Row 1: Mcallister (Walnut), Mcallister (Chili), Mcallister (Merlot), Sapienza (Black)
    Row 2: Rudledge (Walnut), Jefferson (Brown), Harrison (Walnut), Vernon (Saddle Brown)
    Row 3: Park Ave (Walnut Cloud), Park Ave (Dark Brown), Park Ave (Black), Madison Ave (Chocolate)
    Row 4: Broadstreet (Black/White), Shelton (Burgundy/Black), Boca Raton (Walnut), Boca Raton (Black)
    Row 5: Fifth Ave (Bourbon), Strand (Bourbon), Strand (Walnut), Strand (Brown Cordovan)

4 people like this.
  13. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

You will come to regret it if you do. :D

14. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

[​IMG]

15. tradbrah

tradbrah Senior member

Beautiful collection Trader. Only advice: Needs more shell.

16. Trader George

Thanks, and I completely agree! I'm slowly going to start adding more shell to the family, I actually have a pair of Cambridge coming on Thursday or Friday, and I must say this is the most excited I've ever been over a pair of shoes, lol.

17. supaflypatty

supaflypatty Member

So other than the nordstrom sale in July, when and where's the next best to get some walnut strand?

18. Trader George

Amazon sometimes has some AE shoes with decent price discounts. I was just looking at Strands in Walnut for you and actually found some sizes for around $315. I'm not sure on the exact price you're looking to pay, but I lucked out with my Walnut strands for around $280 off Amazon. But, I prefer to buy my shoes from AE directly. The only two that were not purchased directly from AE that I own are Park Aves in Dark Brown and the Strands in Walnut. They were both priced very well that I couldn't resist.

19. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

That's a healthy collection of bals you have there! Very nice indeed. Just a question though. Are you just not into bluchers, boots, monks, or loafers?

20. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Nice collection trader George, especially on the wingips. Do you exclusively buy AEs only?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.