• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, the PA in black. For something Merlot/burgundy, consider a blucher, e.g. The Leeds or MacNeil, especially in shell. :)

LEgoiste

Reaction score
I would say 9. The 5 last is known to run longer and narrower than most. Additionallys, you say you jave a high instep, and on a balmoral like the strand, you might benefit from going out to the EEE.

While I wait for my walnut Strands, which polish would be the best to get a darker shade, just like the one in your avatar or something like this...

Last edited:

ryansto

Reaction score
While I wait for my walnut Strands, which polish would be the best to get a darker shade, just like the one in your avatar or something like this...

The colorin of the pair in the image you posted almost has a reddish hue to it. Maybe alternate between walnut and chili polish..? The pair I own definitely have more of an orange/tan look.

green garden

Reaction score
Just got a call from Allison. My MTO Dundees are ready to ship! Oct 14 order date makes for a 4 week turnaround.
I'm envious. I put in a MTO on Aug 30 and still waiting. It failed inspection on the 5th week. Allison said new ship date is Nov 15. I'm hoping it'll ship this week.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you don't need it, then I guess you can skip, but I wouldn't wear a double monk to a job interview.

If you are looking for Merlot, the Mcallister is a good choice.

Doesn't it depend on the job? Theres a big culture spread out there between Goldman Sachs and Google.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a side note, does anyone own the saddle brown vernon and find it useful? The design of the shoe seems rather formal. I don't think it looks particularly right in any color other than black.

Septimus

Reaction score
Really? I like the look of the Vernon in any color. (Although, I admit, I bought them in black ...)

(For what it's worth "saddle brown" is almost exactly the same as "chili." It's just from a different tannery, at least according to the AE rep I spoke with.)

DJTraveler

Reaction score
As a side note, does anyone own the saddle brown vernon and find it useful? The design of the shoe seems rather formal. I don't think it looks particularly right in any color other than black.

I have it in saddle brown and love it. It especially looks great in a pair of light navy/blue pair of slacks.

AT83

Reaction score
Allison was busy today, called me too. My MTO Independence Strands are shipping on Thursday, ordered 10/14.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have it in saddle brown and love it.  It especially looks great in a pair of light navy/blue pair of slacks.

I guess I just need to see it in context.

DJTraveler

Reaction score
Last edited:

Indyoshi68

Reaction score
Disappointment today... ordered and picked up bourbon strands this evening from AE in Chicago on LaSalle... Got them home to inspect - not good. The pinking on the caps (especially the right one) is awful. There are also some issues with the pinking along the quarter(s). I saw the bourbon in person at Macy's, and it was beautiful - even my GF said to add them to my collection. It wasn't a great day at work, so the shoe arrival was timely, but I didn't do my due diligence - distracted.

How are these 'firsts'?...Going back.
baldy[1].gif

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Walnut Shell Daltons

Just a quick sneak peak. I will take a picture on Friday when there is ample light to capture their color.

With Flash

Natural Light

Thank you Pelle Line!

-Mike

Last edited:

cincikid

Reaction score
Disappointment today... ordered and picked up bourbon strands this evening from AE in Chicago on LaSalle... Got them home to inspect - not good. The pinking on the caps (especially the right one) is awful. There are also some issues with the pinking along the quarter(s). I saw the bourbon in person at Macy's, and it was beautiful - even my GF said to add them to my collection. It wasn't a great day at work, so the shoe arrival was timely, but I didn't do my due diligence - distracted.

How are these 'firsts'?...Going back.
baldy[1].gif

This might be an angle, but they look alright to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads