• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cincikid

Reaction score
Quite possibly, my favorite boots: shell cordovan Wolverine 721LTD in Burgundy and 744LTD in Mahogany, both made by Allen Edmonds.

cincikid

Reaction score
Gotcha. I have a hard enough time keeping up with this thread. That one is pretty insane.

Anyway, read in good health, step-second-nephew-in-law-thrice-removed...
LOL. I myself have hard time following it too, but sometimes, it can be helpful. I hope folks who frequent that thread--Tifosi, Repptie et al.--might give us a heads up when another JCrew coupon will be floating around.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Gotcha. I have a hard enough time keeping up with this thread. That one is pretty insane.

Anyway, read in good health, step-second-nephew-in-law-thrice-removed...
LOL. I myself have hard time following it too, but sometimes, it can be helpful. I hope folks who frequent that thread--Tifosi, Repptie et al.--might give us a heads up when another JCrew coupon will be floating around. 

Not if you guys keep making fun of us.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

kentyman

Reaction score

Now that would be awesome! Or at least a PM if there's concern over derailing the thread.

Not if you guys keep making fun of us....
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif

Hah! ;)

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
That's aw[quote name="cincikid" url="/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-

Thank you, gentlemen, for your input. I actually happened to get two pairs of LWB and a pair of Indy from JCrew some time in July (though they just got delivered the other day) with the 25% off coupon than somehow worked for them. Fwiw, folks at my local JCrew store had no problem stacking a 15% teacher's discount on top, which sounds like a great deal. I originally got them in 9.5 but then I decided to also get size 9 to compare the fit. From what I am seeing, I probably need size 9.25 or maybe 9E to get the best fit.
[/quote]

That's awesome. Wondering if you could PM me some details about your local jcrew. I'm planning on getting some alden during their next sale, and I'm a student.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps they applied the same burnishing process to chili colored shoes, but I don't think they would call it burnished chili if it started as walnut.

Chili is definitely tanned in color. As TheSizzle said, they will add burnishing to some chili models, but the calfskin is tanned in that reddish/brown hue from the tannery.

To my knowledge, the current Bourbon line is the only example of AE taking one color and turning it into another by this method. Even their original Bourbon shoes that they used to make a few years ago were a true tannage.

Thanks for the input, guys. That's good to know. It reinforces the fact that I haven't noticed much coming off the chili Daltons when I've treated them.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite possibly, my favorite boots: shell cordovan Wolverine 721LTD in Burgundy and 744LTD in Mahogany, both made by Allen Edmonds.

I have the 744. I love the fit and feel of it. I hate how the toebox doesnt hold shape well.
The 721, I really want, and obviously they are few and far between now. I have seen a few up for sale, but nothing my size.
So, if anyone comes across an 8.5D, PM me.
Looking great BTW, cincikid.

cincikid

Reaction score
I have the 744. I love the fit and feel of it. I hate how the toebox doesnt hold shape well.
The 721, I really want, and obviously they are few and far between now. I have seen a few up for sale, but nothing my size.
So, if anyone comes across an 8.5D, PM me.
Looking great BTW, cincikid.
Check the Shoe Bank for 721. I got mine from them (the Freeport Store actually) a few weeks ago.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dbl post

Last edited:

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what color are those? What color is the sole edge?
The official color is "dark chocolate". Not sure about the edge color, but I would call it "antique" edging. They darkened up the edge around my arch area.

Last edited:

chinngiskhaan

Reaction score
The official color is "dark chocolate". Not sure about the edge color, but I would call it "antique" edging. They darkened up the edge around my arch area.
that settles it... I'm getting that make up in the fifth street boot.

Dillardiv

Reaction score
When do you get charged for a MTO? Is it when the shoes ship? When the order is placed?

Does anyone want to make me feel better that Allison said I'm still at an 8 week wait time for the remake of my Jefferson webgems that I ordered in late-September that had to be sent back when I received them in mid-October? Or am I just being impatient?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

When do you get charged for a MTO? Is it when the shoes ship? When the order is placed?

Does anyone want to make me feel better that Allison said I'm still at an 8 week wait time for the remake of my Jefferson webgems that I ordered in late-September that had to be sent back when I received them in mid-October? Or am I just being impatient?

You get charged when they are ready to ship. Allison will call you for payment info.

Dillardiv

Reaction score

You get charged when they are ready to ship. Allison will call you for payment info.

So is it fair for me to be a bit frustrated that I paid for the original order in early October and won't have shoes until sometime in Dec-Jan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads