1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostron

lostron Senior member

any idea when they will have the 2 for 250 sale?

2. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  3. Loucks

Loucks Member

I know it was a few pages ago, but those MTO Eagle County boots are fantastic. I'd pay full retail for a pair if they came back in walnut/bourbon/brown with a dainite sole.

Speaking of, does AE use genuine Dainite soles or is it just a similar-looking rubber sole?

4. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

They use real Dainite. Not sure if its clear in this picture where "Dainite" is still partially visible.

[​IMG]

5. Loucks

Loucks Member

Quite clear. Thanks for the photo. Now I want a pair of those even more!

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  6. Odradek

Odradek Senior member

They really are superb in that navy blue.

7. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Bl@ster, these are simply outstanding. Maybe the best use of bourbon leather I have ever seen.

It got me thinking about the "One Shoe" concept from Mafoo. This could be the semi-casual/denim version of that. I'm seriously thinking about copying your specs, then deciding which/how many pairs of shoes I would get rid of for lack of wear.

8. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Not sure if I feel lucky or unlucky that the Eagle County last does not fit me. Yet another fantastic make-up. AE would be crazy not to bring this show back with some of the designs created here.

9. CrimmyS

CrimmyS Well-Known Member

No, they should be sold from within this country. The prices on all AEs and from what it looks like (though I haven't checked thoroughly) double if not a bit more their USD value. Prices generally start at about 500 USD if purchases online and start at about 600 USD for loafers if you buy them in store.

Yes it's a private seller. He says they're new but they might have been tried on a few times. They're not seconds apparently.He's not willing to lower his price though point so I'll have to think about it. My problem is I don't have a store that I can go to and find out my shoe size (I've only worn converse and adidas) and so shipping internationally might cause some monetary issues...

10. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Blaster for the win, as usual.

The Fullerton is a fascinating shoe - six-eyelet bal but on the 1 last, which I believe makes it unique. Strangely, it doesn't show up on the website when you filter the "all" list by the 1, which is often how I look for shoes (the 1 last being my favorite).

And, as kmdsimpson suggested, it could be the "one shoe to rule them all." Split-reverse or flat welt . . . shell, smooth or grain calf . . . any color . . . maybe even a Strand medallion. So many different looks possible here.

(I just noticed that this MTO version only has five eyelets. Blaster, how did you pull that off? It's not in your specs.)

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  11. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I had the same question; forgot to ask. Perhaps Bl@ster has a small foot? Curious to hear the answer.

12. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Any of you shoe nerds in eating in Babbo NYC Monday? Sitting with my big feet out at the table and a guy walks by on his way out and asks "Allen Edmonds Boca? Love that shoe"

My wife almost threw up....well a few bottles of wine later and some drinks back home and that came anyway but not do to the shoes. :)

While I get to NYC all the time for various dinners, functions etc my wife does not get there that often anymore so she looks at me halfway through dinner and says "what is with all the short tight pants? I mean don't they want to look like men?" I started laughing and told her skinny pants have been a style for a while but the whole short pant -roll up above the ankle thing is more recent.

I quickly pointed out that she must love my extra man's man's style and quickly was put in my place and informed that well dressed slob is not a style...

1 person likes this.
  13. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Not shell today but still wearing AE

Neumora in Brown Calf. I really like these shoes even though they creased across the toe.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

I'm an international customer of AE. The deal they have with BongoUS is quite reasonable. Otherwise you can also use services like myUS.

Countries like the Philippines and UAE would also have their own cheaper forwarding services.

15. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

Summer is here - over 90 counts as summer to me. So went with the Strawfuts today. Sorry for the washed out photo - I guess too much contrast between pants and shoes.
    [​IMG]

Chris

16. robby

robby Member

Any chance you could post photos of the Addisons? I've been eying a pair as a summer shoe but I can't find any photos other than the stock ones from AE.

17. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

I have an MTO pair in the golden CXL if it helps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. partyof6

partyof6 Senior member

Unfortunately, I had to return them. After walking around the house with them, I realized that the last didn't fit me we'll. I had way too much heel slip.

19. partyof6

partyof6 Senior member

That color is incredible. Great choice on the MTO!

20. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Chili Dalton's in some good sun. Look great outside. Brings out those red hues.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.