Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

Placed my MTO first week in October and still waiting. I can't get those harrison shells out of my head that were posted a few pages back. I might have to place another MTO for those. I don't think my foot does well on the 65 last as I'm on my second pair of park ave's and the bowing is getting out of control. AE already said they'd work with me on returning them. I might just use that credit towards a Shell Harrison as I know my foot does well on that last with my Rutledges.

2. ryansto

ryansto Well-Known Member

So it's more of a mentality than an actual application..?

I would think dad jeans would be mid-high rise, tapered leg, medium-light wash. I don't see many dads wearing jeans like USAmade's. That look(bootcut, dark wash, and somewhat overdetailed with preplaced creases, distressing, etc...) seems to be more prevalent in the younger crowd, or was a few years ago.

I agree with your general denim guidelines. I stick with American made, dark wash, straight leg jeans from Seven for All Mankind, Joe's, Citizens of Humanity and Hudson, usually cuffed. I figure that dark, clean jeans will never go out of style, while certain washes and detailing will come and go.

3. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Ordered mine on Oct 1st ish and received them both already. Took me 4 weeks and 5 weeks to get my Jeffersons and Harrisons.

-Mike

4. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Your welcome on the Harrison's. HeHe. They are spectacular in person. :) One of my best shoe decisions ever.

-Mike

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  5. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I agree with most of the above. I think they're too much $$$ for what they are.

Has the OP looked at frye boots? They're often better priced and the quality is pretty awesome. I've liked a ton of their boots as of late and I'm actually saving up for a pair of their black boots. If I end up getting black boots at all I'll get these:

[​IMG]

I really like my daltons, but I'm honestly a little disappointed by how clunky they look sometimes. They're definitely not flattering in terms of width (8.5E). They're pretty damn comfy though.

6. jungleroller

Yes, thank you for making me even more broke. Ha ha!

7. BobStrauss

BobStrauss Senior member

Does anyone know of a good casual belt to match a pair of bourbon AE Mcallisters? I like the AE Madison belt in walnut to match my Strands, but they don't appear to make it in bourbon.

8. jungleroller

I own one AE belt and it's in Bourbon and it does not match my Bourbon Fifth Ave's so your best bet is to bring your shoes with you when you go belt shopping. I had luck with a Croft and Barrow from Kohls. It's cheap but it did the trick.

9. Septimus

Septimus Senior member

The bourbon color is all over the place ... or AE can't quite decide what it looks like or how to photograph it.

Compare this picture from a recent email:

[​IMG]

to the pictures on the page it links to:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I mean, I'm not one to get too fastidious over variants in shading (honestly, there are plenty of distinctions made in his thread that I barely see) but those look like two entirely different colors.

10. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

I ordered my Burgundy Shell Franciscans on 10/4, and have heard nothing.... I may email Allison.

11. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

I would like to see AE make the Independence Gwinnett. I have seen pics but not sure if it will make it into production or not. I would be all over these if they did. What I want is a burnished captoe boot. My fifth streets just don't do it for me. Maybe I should ask Allison if I can do a MTO for a shoe they have not introduced...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  12. jungleroller

Yeah my Bourbon Fifth Ave.'s almost look olive. Nothing like the Bourbon belt I got from them.

13. zzman

zzman Member

14. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Whats the rule on service men and women using AAFES for their friends or fellow forum followers?

This deal is amazing!

15. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

The color's definitely more like the website photos above. The other pictures are probably in front of lights and edited. I have the bourbon Hanover, and it's a deep brown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.