1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigCheese

BigCheese Well-Known Member

Just ordered a pair of Kenilworth's from the Port Washington store. 9.5 D in brown, excited to use them for a business casual environment.

2. zero neck

zero neck Well-Known Member

I like the Kennilworths alot but they just don't fit me right. A little odd bc all the other shoes I've tried in the 5-65 last fit like a glove.
    Anyway, hope they fit ya great! It's an excellent looking sleek shoe.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  3. slimfit4me

slimfit4me Active Member

I had to size down a half a size on the Kenilworth to a 9.5E from the 10E that I normally wear on the #5 last (McAllister & Neumok). The 10E on the McAllister & Neumok are not a snugged fit as I would prefer but it's not loose where my foot is slipping out of the shoe. Should be getting my brown Kenilworth & black Neumora (9E) this week.

4. zero neck

zero neck Well-Known Member

Yeah I have park ave and fifth ave in 10D and they fit perfectly, I tried Kenilworth in both 10 and 9.5 D and the 10 was too long, the 9.5 too snug. Maybe i should try more pairs in the future and see if there's some variation from shoe to shoe since I do like it.

5. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

I'm thinking strongly about the brown/linen carlsbad.

[​IMG]

Anybody have pics in the wild?

1 person likes this.
  6. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Most of my 5 last shoes fit perfectly too. However the Clifton in 10D was too long, close but the crease in the left shoe was right on the line of the cap toe stitching. Exchanged them for a 9.5D and they bowed badly so I returned them. Before I did wore them in the house for a bit longer and realized they were just a bit too snug. There is definitely some variation from shoe to shoe but I think some just fit better than others. And the same on the #1 last for me too.

1 person likes this.
  7. mb6c

mb6c Active Member

Hey did you happen to see the regular Park Avenue's (black) on sale?

I just bought a pair last week and am wondering if I got still get a discount.

8. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

So I bought a pair of brown MacNeils off eBay. According to the catalogs, these were last made in 1995. I followed some instructions I found for re-coloring the edges (basically you use some sandpaper and hope for the best). Then I took them to my local cobbler. I can't decide what he did to them to get them to shine, but I'm thinking paint. Overall I was pretty pleased with the results. Anyways, here are the before and after pics.

Before:

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

After:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

Thanks to Paul, the CEO of AE, I was able to custom order a pair of Wendells in my size. I was able to connect with him through AAAC. I've always loved them and was quite frustrated when they ran a limited production run in only "D" sizes, seeing as I'm a 12E. They came last week, and I love them! I think this brings me up to an even dozen pairs of AEs. It really speaks to the commitment of AE to customer satisfaction that the CEO would help me out.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  11. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

Going to grab a pair of brown cordovan PA's but was hoping the sale would be slightly better. Still hitting myself for missing out on walnut cordovan strands.

12. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

The sale is a bit of a let down, i'll admit that. I would be interested in the cordovan Park Ave's, McAllister, Positano, maybe the New Orleans, but that's it. No belts that i want are on sale, but at least i can pick up some of the ceder products on discount. I do need a new tie rack...

13. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

oh thats bullshit, AE excluded the brown/linen carslbads from the sale.

lame

14. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

I put in a quote this morning for the black cordovan PA's and should be able to order them this afternoon from the military exchange. And a pair of burgundy cordovan Cambridge. Really was a tough decision for me. I have a pair of black calf Leeds but seldom wear them. I only wear the Leeds for black shoe events which are rare for me. Not sure if it is because of the black color or the fact that I wore nothing but the equivalent of a black Leed for 20 years. I'm hoping the black PA's will break that trend.

My first pick was the brown cordovan PA's and still wish I could talk myself into them over the black....

15. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Glad it worked out, can't wait for pics :slayer:

16. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Cambridge and the McCallister besides the color and leather selection? Are they essentially the same shoe besides that? They seem to both be on the 5-65 last too.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  17. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Senior member

PM me for price

18. mb6c

mb6c Active Member

I want the walnut McAllisters... wish they were discounted more though

19. CJG_NYC

CJG_NYC Senior member

You must post pics of the Neumora -- I'm looking forward to seeing them, especially with pants!!

\

I believe the only difference is the leather - but I'm happy to be corrected...

Speaking McCallister/Cambridge -- the McCallisters on sale for $245 is a nice deal...the question is whether or not I see if I can hold out for the Cambridge to get on sale....hmm!

20. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

If they have another Shell sale we're better off waiting for that and just paying an extra $50 for shell Cambridges at $299 rather than the $245 they have the McCallisters for. At $245 we're better off getting them from allaboutshoes if you can wait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.