Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njruss

njruss Senior member

Is it possible they replaced them instead of repairing?

2. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I'm wearing my daltons again on this brisk boston morning. I swear they fit better every time I wear them.

I'm pretty tapped out on shoes for now and don't have any voids in my closet other than black boots, so why is it that I find myself browsing ebay for strands and such so often...?

3. Dillardiv

Dillardiv Senior member

4. USAmade

USAmade Member

I can confirm! It's nice to see the company keep its ownership within a private equity firm and not Mens Warehouse!!!

Their message is clear... we're going to grow our production, keep it domestic, maintain our customer service, stay true to our roots, and keep on keeping on!

Here is a link to the press release, some good quotes by Grangaard for any of the doubters out there!

http://www.pehub.com/2013/11/05/bre...utm_campaign=Feed:+pehub/news/all+(PEHub+News)

5. bgp001

bgp001 Well-Known Member

I don't know that the sale to another PE firm is something to celebrate about. Goldner was able to grow the firm while maintaining the culture, yes, but don't assume this is the normal for a PE holding. The statement Brentwood gave is just SOP, and we won't see their true intentions for another year or two.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013

6. Dillardiv

Dillardiv Senior member

That's true, but they are keeping Paul, which says something. In the case where a company isn't profitable or growing, it would make sense for a PE firm to make big changes. In this case, they are already growing revenue at 20% and are probably profitable. I'd imagine the owner wants to continue to grow top and bottom line and then eventually take them public. We'll see.

Side note- I'm getting so antsy for my brown shell Jefferson's that are getting remade! AHHH!

7. DHD28

DHD28 Senior member

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Is it 8 weeks yet??? I WANT MY MTO DUNDEES AND BROADSTREETS!

8. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

9. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

My APB worked! Only, it's The Sizzle, and not Cold Iron that has returned.

Either way, welcome back, old friend.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013

10. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

I know I'm dying here. I have my Merlot Web Gems and my MTO Brown Cordovan Players pending..... I really really really hope they don't have inspection issues!

11. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Keep it domestic... well that is a farce.
    AE has already diluted the brand by having the "Made in DR" shoes. (Cemented construction, etc...)
    I hope PE doesn't make it worse.

12. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

I just got my Neumoks, and unfortunately they are headed back to AE. They came out beautiful, except with just a couple of seconds-quality issues. Mainly, not all the holes were cleanly punched on them, so that there are some tan dots on them, and the medallion holes aren't punched out very much at all. Also, there was some hairstuff all over them (possibly just lint, but didn't come off with a light rubbing) and wrinkles all over the place.

Allison gladly is taking them back to look over, and will let me know if they are repairable or need replacing (in which case I'm asking for a slight sizing adjustment). Anyway, they didn't stay in my hands long enough to take photos, but they are pretty damn good looking otherwise. Lots of shell all over, including the heel lining and the foot padding. The double JR sole came out perfect, and the light brown transparent edging is *exactly* what everyone wants their edging to look like, absolutely nailed it.

13. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

Good news. I contacted Kristle of J'ville and got this response. Fingers crossed they're able to do something to fix them:

Quote:

14. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

I had a pair of Daltons a few years ago, and the same thing happened to me. I've also seen other people with the same issue. I ended up selling the pair for fit reasons, but the moral of the story is that the Daltons have non-functional pull tags, which is a silly design flaw that needs fixing.

15. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I actually never use the pull tabs to put on my shoes. Why wouldn't you just hold them from the sides? You get so much more grip...

I do this with all my boots. Pull tabs or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.