Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BCer

BCer Senior member

I have the blue Neumoks, and love them! Fit like a glove, feel like slippers, lightweight and look great with blue or beige chinos, jeans, or you name it. GET THEM!

2. njruss

njruss Senior member

would you size them same as McAllister?

3. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

This pair of navy blue suede MacNeils that has been on eBay since at least August, is apparently cursed. I think it was bought at least three times in the past couple of months, but apparently each new owner just keeps sending it back. They are really great shoes so I am not sure what's the reason.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013

4. BCer

BCer Senior member

Sorry, I have never tried McAllisters, so can't compare. I'm an 11.5D in many AE's and when I tried my Neumoks on at a nordstrom, it was like trying on slippers - in 11.5D.

5. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

Opto, Are you like 10 feet tall. Wow, that is far away. :)

6. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

They do not have my size. :( I checked a few months back when someone posted here about these. I emailed them to see if they have 12ds...

7. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

Have any of you had a problem with creasing in Allen Edmonds shoes? I recently bought a new pair of Clifton oxfords on eBay, and, after two wears, they have pretty distinct creases just to the toe side of the top cap seam. I realize that eventually all shoes get creased, but I had creases develop in the exact same location on a very cheap pair of Bostonians I bought years ago, when I was just out of school, and I was hoping that AEs would wear harder than that. I'm sure I'll still get years of use out of them, but I've had some dress shoes for years before they developed those sort of creases.

8. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

These creases are likely due to how shoes fit your feet and your gait. The fact that the creases are all very similar suggests that they all fit you similarly and that your gait is consistent. It is not hugely surprising. I often develop creases in my shoes in very similar locations.

9. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

I would love a pair (a little upset I didn't jump when they were more widely available). How was the pricing?

10. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Good Morning Everyone!

I finally got my first two pairs of shoes that I had on order. Today, I get to finally post my Snuff Suede Amoks and my Cappuccino Shell Cordovan Jeffersons (MTO). Without further ado...

Snuff Suede Amoks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They look super comfortable, but the snuff was a little darker than I was expecting.

Cappuccino Shell Cordovan Jeffersons (MTO):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are absolutely superb! I could not be any happier with them. I did not see the burnishing look in real life as much as my camera did, but its still dark and morning in my room here.

Still awaiting (any day now):
    • Black Shell Cordovan Harrison (MTO) - Not sure where this one is at, I ordered it at the same time as my Jefferson...
    • Alden Ravello LHS
    • Alden Whiskey PTB
    • C&J for RL Gianni Boot

Hope that you all have a great Friday and November 1st!

-Mike

11. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

^^ Very nice make-ups there, dubs! The Jeffersons look outstanding. Love that sole. If all my MTOs weren't casual I def. would have gone with that sole.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013

12. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Thanks, yeah, there is definitely something kind of fun about that sole. It looks great now, but I expect that it will look crappy pretty quickly. Oh well, I guess that I will enjoy it for now (and whenever I get them re-crafted... :) ).

Have a good Friday tifosi, you have gotten yourself some awesome MTOs also! Those Leeds still haven't sold yet? I am amazed. They aren't my size, plus I JUST ordered the Whiskey PTBs, otherwise I would probably be on them.

-Mike

13. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

It's OK...they are just soles. Don't worry about how they look once you start walking on them.

Nope...still got em. No biggie. I'm working on a couple Aldens today...I'll be ordering something. Got a couple irons in the fire.

14. sazon

sazon Senior member

mdubs: Those Jeffersons are gorgeous. Congrats and wear in excellent health.

15. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

My understanding is that the Independence leather soles are of similar quality as their regular leather soles. However, the Independence soles are an extra Iron thicker (an Iron is a unit of measurement for leather). Thus, they should last a bit longer due to the added thickness. The Independence soles are obviously finished with a different colored coating as well.

However, the JR soles are much hardier leather. They are tanned using an old-world technique using Oak bark, amongst other ingredients, and their tannage takes many months. JR soles are not the best money can buy, but they are about the best you can get that are also readily accessible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.