1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

I think you should talk yourself back into it.

2. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

They were $199. I figured if I passed up some firsts for $40 more than these last week during the sale then I must really not want AEs that badly.

3. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

I believe it is the 7 last like the newer cap toe version. I also have the Bradley from around the same time, and it is very comfortable as well, but I preferred the Hancock design.

4. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Great looking shoe. Were these 8D, 8E or 8.5D? What last were the 6th ave on?

5. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

They were 8.5D and they seem to fit TTS. I have no idea what last they were on. They also had an 8D and they were too snug.

6. sazon

sazon Senior member

Took delivery of the Walnut Jeffersons yesterday. Came in 2 weeks, instead of the 4 I was originally told.

Noticed a few QC issues with the pinking around the wings on both shoes, but maybe I'm being too picky. Great looking shoe though. I most likely will keep.

(right shoe some of the pinking isn't lying flat, left shoe the arches on the wings are not symmetrically the same).

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Ha...my wife just caught me smelling my Jeffersons...Walnut aslo as they sitting on my desk...Have not worn them yet..needless to say she called me an idiot...

2 people like this.
  8. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

This is my first "in the wild" shot and my first mobile post. Walnut McAllisters today
    [​IMG]

9. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

priceless

10. FreedBird

FreedBird Senior member

Do we have a Walnut Wingtip Wednesday going on here?

11. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

My Walnut Wednesdays may actually flourish???

1 person likes this.
  12. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

We sure do:

[​IMG]
    To be perfectly fair though, these are tan Dublin, but it is very similar to walnut.

13. FreedBird

FreedBird Senior member

^ You can repost that on Tan Thursdays.

1 person likes this.
  14. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

Mora 2.0 seconds in Bourbon just came in. Can't wait to give them some attention at home. The toe burnish is not so great - like maybe someone undid some of the burnish via conditioner or something. May just start from scratch...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    As far as quality issues, some (2) leather rolls/folds in the vamp and near the top buckle of the left shoe, along with some very slight bowing. Not a problem for me (anymore...it's amazing what you learn to accept as 'okay' in seconds). Got another versatile bourbon shoe.

There were several more available in my size, however...so should I roll the ($10) dice again just to see what I get, or stick with the current shoe and run?
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

They look pretty good to me and from the photos I can not tell about the burnishing... I would keep those puppies for sure if they fit great..

16. Dillardiv

Dillardiv Senior member

You and @mdubs are making me regret going for the brown shell jefferson as opposed to a brown shell strand! I already had walnut strands and didn't have a traditional shortwing. Now I have a brown shell shortwing oxford, a walnut captoe brogue, and a color 8 LWB, so my bases are covered. But that brown strand is so nice!

1 person likes this.
  17. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

Awesome shoe! I believe I saw you post chili mcallisters as well, sazon - did you keep them? They were very nice, and these look so similar to those...

18. sazon

sazon Senior member

Ok, I have been caught doing that as well, but I have one better for you. I was sitting on the floor examining one pair of shoes and I started thinking of what shoes I'm really not wearing these days. I sat up a little to look into my closet, and I was on my knees. Wife comes in and sees me on my knees, staring at my boxes of shoes. She says "I used to think you were odd, and now I'm sure of it. Are you praying to your shoe Gods or something?"

I had no response.

I did keep the Chili Macs. They are awesome. I could justify keeping the Jeffs as well. The leather is so soft and I love the double sole. The price was right too. The color is different enough as well.
    I'm considering not keeping them and putting the funds toward something else in that color family in a boot.

19. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I prefer the strand (brogue) to the epaulet (blutcher).

20. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

Thanks, Kahuna - not my best pics - laptop photos; I left my phone at home this a.m. (2nd day in a row). The finish is acceptable, it just wasn't the best. Sized up .5 size. I think an insole will help with the fold at the tongue; at the buckle, though, I'm not so certain. But for $169, and given that I've been wanting the dubmonk AND another shoe in bourbon, it hits a couple sweet spots for me...

Double digits in this color and size were available, too, so I was just wondering if I might luck up on 1 with less conspicuous issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.