• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

You can! It requires a lot of brushing, some conditioner, more brushing and buffing. It takes a few sessions but can happen.

I lost a long PM to you last night. Will try and re-type later today

I don't have the conditioner part of that equation.

Those Color 8 Chukkas are Alden, no?i only see 2 eyelets

Look like Alden to me!

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

VSC, Renovateour and cordovan cream will cost you like $75. Well worth having all around.

I had an order together at the hanger project with Renovateour, cordovan cream and a deer bone. I chickened out because I am afraid to put anything on my shells.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
BTW I thought for sure someone would have snapped up my cappuccino PTBs before I got a chance to think twice about it...

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can you explain what you mean by "work". I wish I could get my AE to look like that.

Yeah, if you were getting rid of your AE cordovan because you couldn't get them to shine then you should read the mac method ;)

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Yeah, if you were getting rid of your AE cordovan because you couldn't get them to shine then you should read the mac method ;)

Haha, thanks. I use the Mac method on all my shell.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there a method for calf??

I'm definitely interested in the PATRICK method for calfskin...

(My name too, incidentally)

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I had an order together at the hanger project with Renovateour, cordovan cream and a deer bone. I chickened out because I am afraid to put anything on my shells.

Do not be afraid. Shell is very tough

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody on here know when the Van Nuys went out, or what last it's on? A place near me has them in Chili for $275 -- they've been sitting there since AEs listed at $309, based on the tag on the bottom.

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
Those of you living in the NYC area, Paul will be at the new store on west 43rd street on monday 11/4 from 5-7. If you haven't gotten a notification from the store, you should certainly contact them… could be worth it!

Edit: west 43rd

Last edited:

GeneralW

Reaction score
Those of you living in the NYC area, Paul will be at the new store on west 34th street on monday 11/4 from 5-7. If you haven't gotten a notification from the store, you should certainly contact them… could be worth it!
What is this for?

850csi

Reaction score
E thread folks, I need your help.

I found these Magnannis at Nordstrom Rack the other day for $130:

http://www.shermanbrothers.com/images/mg/mg-13347-blls.jpg

They're Bologna construction; leather soled. Beautiful shoes - prettier than Park Aves IMHO - though from what I understand not quite A-E level quality-wise.

I have a yet-unworn pair of Brooks Park Ave seconds I got last month from the 2/$250 thing. I talked to A-E's Jville store, and they'll let me send them back in exchange for another pair of closeout seconds. Other than these two black shoes, I have:

A-E/Brooks Walnut 5ths
A-E Burgundy Sanfords (blucher brogues)

Alternative A: keep the Magnannis; swap the Park Aves for Brooks Brown Strands, giving me a shoe in every color. Basically I'd be paying $130 to downgrade from PAs to the Magnanni oxford and get a pair of Strands seconds.

Alternative B: keep the PAs, return the Magnannis - save a nice chunk of change and end up with a higher quality black shoe; hold out for brown until the next AE sale.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads