• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subutai

Reaction score

Hey guys,

I ordered two pairs of shoes from the 2 for $250 seconds sale awhile ago, and I finally got in touch with the Shoebank today because the RL Singletons didn't fit me, so I'm looking to exchange them for something else for $125. Currently I have PAs in black, Strands in walnut, and some spectators, Looking to see if you guys can help me decide,

- FA (Black, Walnut)
- Neumok (Snuff suede)
- MacNeil (Black grain)
- MacNeil (Blk/Plaid, what does this mean?)
- Neumora (Black)
- Sanford (Black, Walnut)
- Sanderson (Tan)
- Elgin (Tan)
- McTavish (Brown)
- Long Branch (Brown)

I really want the Neumoras but is that 333 last the same as the 5 last? From what I've read it seems like I'd have to size down. Which shoes would you guys choose out of that list? Long Branch?

AE will tell you that the 5 Last is the most narrow. Most people agree. The 3 last, although it has a chisled toe, is actually wider and not quite as long. My opinion of course, but I think most would agree.

Ps- I love my Neumora's, I have them in both black and brown, but the Long Branch is a fantastic casual boot. The vibram sole will be great with winter coming . . .

Last edited:

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you a size Small? I noticed the same thing. I added four to my cart and it showed "in stock" and then at the last step of check-out just under the product name it said "11/11/14" so I didn't order. A few hours later it said "7/14/14" so again I didn't order. When I tried the same for Medium it showed "in stock" throughout. Unfortunately that's not my size.

Yes, I am an 8D so size Small is what I went with

LOL! This is hilarious. I'm glad that I'm not a small. LOL!

cincikid

Reaction score
My JosABank racks have been delivered today I snagged them during the last week's sale with the 70% off coupon. That made 3 racks each fitting 4 shoes ~$30. Haven't assembled them yet though.
I can't speak to the quality of the Home Depot racks, but I presume those sold at the Walmart aren't too different. If so, it's OK, but nothing spectacular.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was kinda a knee jerk decision to buy the 3 pair of MTOs I did. I am more in love with other shoes at the moment and I just want to make some room. I'll be selling Cappuccino Leeds, Dundee and MacNeils. MacNeils are still being made.
Sorry. They are 8D.

why, I am an 8d.....just sayin'.

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My JosABank racks have been delivered today I snagged them during the last week's sale with the 70% off coupon. That made 3 racks each fitting 4 shoes ~$30. Haven't assembled them yet though.
I can't speak to the quality of the Home Depot racks, but I presume those sold at the Walmart aren't too different. If so, it's OK, but nothing spectacular.
They're actually quite solid and literally 8 hex screws to put it all together. Its all good either way I was just spreading the knowledge.

GeneralW

Reaction score
AE will tell you that the 5 Last is the most narrow. Most people agree. The 3 last, although it has a chisled toe, is actually wider and not quite as long. My opinion of course, but I think most would agree.

Ps- I love my Neumora's, I have them in both black and brown, but the Long Branch is a fantastic casual boot. The vibram sole will be great with winter coming . . .

I think I'm going to go with the Long Branch since it's getting colder here and I don't think I'll be able to find it again for $125. I'm somewhat indifferent to the chiseled toe on the Neumora and prefer the Mora instead. Also the sizing on those are differently different from the 5 last enough where I don't think the 12D will fit me.

Subutai

Reaction score

I think I'm going to go with the Long Branch since it's getting colder here and I don't think I'll be able to find it again for $125. I'm somewhat indifferent to the chiseled toe on the Neumora and prefer the Mora instead. Also the sizing on those are differently different from the 5 last enough where I don't think the 12D will fit me.

Solid choice, you can't go wrong with the Long Branch. FWIW I think the "Waxy Brown" looks a little nicer

YoungSweet

Reaction score
Incorrect, some Macys locations do carry them already… well before they were on the site.

Good to know. I've never seen AE shoes in the local Macys store around here. Macys always have sales and promotions. Have you seen them on sale at Macys stores?

jd13jd13

Reaction score
I've only seen them at the flagship store on 34th, and never on sale. But I don't frequent the B&M Macy's to often, so I could be wrong about the sales.

Odradek

Reaction score

AE will tell you that the 5 Last is the most narrow. Most people agree.

If I take a size 8.5D in both the MacNeil and the Shelton, would I be advised to switch to 8E for any 5 last shoes?
I really fancy the Fifth Street boots, but there's no way I'd ever get to try them on this side of the Atlantic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads