1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Yeah that is a good point...I have burgundy Cordovan Park's, burgundy Cordovan Randolphs and no plans to add another burgundy shoe so they will get worn a lot and adding the sole guard will probably have me strapping them on a great deal more since weather will not be a factor.

2. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Senior member

Am I the only one, who thinks the Strand looks better with a little lace gap, which gives it a more casual look?

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Here are my chilis. My favorite color after burgundy. Kinda wish they were as red as watchidiot's. If only AE offered a cherry flavor...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

While I can't disagree with what tifosi says, I certainly understand your desire to keep them "vintage". I'd be tempted to go for the JR sole myself, just because they would feel special, in a way. But honestly, there's no rational reason for that, just what you like.

5. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

I'm not an 8E, but looks like they "may" have a pair in 8E.
    finally talked me out of it, saving for a pair of burgundy shell PAs instead.

6. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

If one had to get an all purpose black shoe for business casual AND for going out to bars, restaurant dinners etc, as well as for wear with Navy and Black peacoats in winter months...which one would be the better option? The Boca Raton or The Lexington?....those are my only considerations at this time...im not open to suggestions for the University, the M2.0 or the McAllister, as I already have those models (or something similar) in different cullerz

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  7. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

Two concerns:
    • The Boca Raton is a woven super-breathable shoe. Circumstances in which it would be worn with a peacoat are difficult to imagine.
    • Pursuant to the discussion that's taken place in this thread over the last 24 hours, be aware many would argue that "black shoe for business casual" is an oxymoron.

That said, I'd swing toward the Lexington if I found myself with that need and those choices.

It feels a little like I just got trolled

1 person likes this.
  8. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I own the Boca ..and would say with out a doubt the Lexignton is the way to go for your purposes...Upgrade it to Cordovan :) Also I would 100% look to add the Vtread sole if you want to use it for going to bars and and active winter months...

9. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I did the JR sole on some Black Pebbled LWB Nettleton's and love them, that is what is making it tough...I def. do not reach for the Nettleton's if there is a chance of bad weather which it seems is every day here in the North East

10. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Don't count out Leeds. You may be surprised how that is much more flexible than anything you mentioned. Shell would be a worthy upgrade.

11. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Looks like my cognac MacNeil 5s with the red dainite will arrive Monday! Will throw some pics up then.

12. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

No. Throw some pics up, now!

13. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

14. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Shell Townley (Thursday!)

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  15. rodaman

rodaman Senior member

damn good camera you have there

16. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Please do ...I placed a last second order thanks to some one around here pressuring me, you should change your handle to Halftheenabler...though I do not know if I am getting them yet as they are seeing if they will do a 12.5E

17. rodaman

rodaman Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Hey that was not in the rules! As an owner of black Cordovan leeds - I would agree though I still think the Lexington is a good looking shoe

19. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

Lexington or Kenilworth. I think the Kenilworth in black would be a good evening shoe since it has a sleeker feel to it with the plain toe.

20. luv2breformed

luv2breformed Senior member

Suede amok today. Love these things, especially with denim.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.