• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tietherope

Reaction score
After exchanging two pairs of snuff suede Neumoks from the Nordstrom Anniversary sale due to defects (Nordstrom customer service was incredible), I then purchased a blue pair as the suede was gone in my size. I'm really happy with these shoes. They are comfortable and look great. Will have to grab a few more colours over the next few months.

Just need the laces to close up a bit more now.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finalized my order with Allison:

Kenilworth in Burgundy Cordovan
Independence lining
Antique Brass eyelets
Chili flat welt with wheeling
Toasted sole edge
Single JR sole

Awesome. Hopefully I'll get it by XMas!

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think if we already ordered an independence MTO we can still take advantage of this?

Pastor

Reaction score

Think if we already ordered an independence MTO we can still take advantage of this?

I had already gotten Allison to adjust my price to the RDA price even the order was created before the sale. I'm not going to push it on the free belt. The AE MTO is already a sweet deal.

Pastor

Reaction score

Vey glad they reserved some additional shells just in case. Now the real question...Can you buy them as 2nds???

That was my first thought as well. This is also the reason I intentionally didn't mention my size in my post. I may call the shoe bank and find out if they have the seconds. My hesitation is do I really need two pair of Cappuccino shell Jeffersons? I didn't change any details on the remake so essentially they would be identical. Still undecided but I do decide against trying to obtain them i'll list my size so that someone else may be able to jump on what may be one of the last pairs of Cappuccino shells for a long time.

Pastor

Reaction score

I agree that they might bring it back sometime, but I don't agree with the speculation that they still have some cappuccino or other rare shells.

Currently there is a shortage of shell cordovan and obtaining shell in lighter colors is more difficult due to the properties of the material. I'd say that AE likely doesn't have much, if any left. It's most likely to me that shell cordovan is at an all time high price to obtain the material and the rare colors are even more so and the price point doesn't currently match the value/quality proposition that AE's business model is built for.

Of course, this shell shortage could also be some colluded propaganda created by shoe manufacturers around the world in order to raise prices, but that would be so far fetched, but much more interesting :marchal:

I've heard all that before but what really is the difference between brown and cappuccino. They are both various shades of brown so why is one obtainable and the other not obtainable. In fact, my cappuccino shells are darker than the brown shells I have. I understand walnut being hard to obtain but I have hard time understanding why the "darker" colors are so rare (this also applies to Alden's Cigar).

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've heard all that before but what really is the difference between brown and cappuccino. They are both various shades of brown so why is one obtainable and the other not obtainable. In fact, my cappuccino shells are darker than the brown shells I have. I understand walnut being hard to obtain but I have hard time understanding why the "darker" colors are so rare (this also applies to Alden's Cigar).
I suppose that's correct for Cappuccino. Walnut/Whiskey might is probably more applicable to my argument. The dyeing process might be more unique or one-off compared to the more common black, brown, and burgundy which are likely more streamlined compared to the more rare colors which might add to the increased cost from Horween or at Alden/AE. I'm also just speculating of course.

jch1

Reaction score
I see they are 11.5D... too bad they didnt end up with a minor defect. I would have been all over those once they hit the shoe bank!
nod%5B1%5D.gif
I couldn't believe how quickly they got these to me. It's been less than a month since I ordered them!

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
I couldn't believe how quickly they got these to me. It's been less than a month since I ordered them!

I too only waited about a month to receive my MTO. Great turn around time goes hand in hand with great customer service... and shoes.

David23

Reaction score
Seems Men's Wearhouse is interested in buying Allen Edmonds. There's an article on WSJ, you need to be a member.

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seems Men's Wearhouse is interested in buying Allen Edmonds. There's an article on WSJ, you need to be a member. 
A google search brings up an edition I could successfully read.

If this goes through -- well, I'm glad we all got our MTOs in over the last few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads