1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zero neck

zero neck Well-Known Member

some real beauts! jealous of those shell strands

2. zero neck

Couple pics of the Walnut fifths - per request of zerostyle.

The pants (all three) are slightly long, havent hemmed them yet but plan to take them up .5 to 1 inch or so.

Please excuse the gf's dorm room floor. I know the speckled tile is magnificent but please try to contain yourselves.

With light gray slacks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

with darker gray-brownish slacks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

with camel-brown slacks:
    [​IMG]

3. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

its difficult to explain just looking at the picture, but the angle on the carmina's toe seems less stubby and the length of the cap looks longer, again making the toe look more elongated which tends to go more nicely with the chisel toe.

The angle of the picture doesn't help the rutledge's cause either.

4. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Newmora finally came in to the AE store i frequent:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They look great in person, nice sleek last, and interestingly (unlike the Larchmont & Flatiron) it has a standard leather insole. Construction was similar to the old Mora, with the only complaint being that the buckles feel a bit thin. I regret that they did not have enough sizes for me to try my usual size. So i will have to comment on fit later. Enjoy. :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  5. zero neck

Thanks for the pics! they look pretty rad.

6. JubeiSpiegel

Another look at the Rutledge:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They only had it in black, i was really hoping to finally see the burnished brown. But it looks like a slick shoe, and i would consider it for a black dress shoe if it did not have so many sections with the ripple edges, especially on the cap toe and the tongue. :confused:

7. slimfit4me

slimfit4me Active Member

I saw it today also at the AE store. Since it was new, they also didn't have it in my size on hand. I did tried on the over sized one that they had just to get a rough feel for it. I had them order one in black for me to properly try out. Since it's on the #3 last, hopefully it will fit like the Larchmont model that I do have.

8. JubeiSpiegel

Lastly, some Daltons for good measure:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They look stunning in person, there are too many shoes that i want for this up coming sale... :bounce2:

1 person likes this.
  9. plei89

plei89 Senior member

The toe is a little too boxy for my taste

10. RingTail

RingTail Senior member

I took mine on their maiden voyage today, quite nice.
    I agree ripple edge in the tongue was really weird, note how shoes in the independence collection don't indicate where they were made.

11. zero neck

As far as the sale goes - i can't find any info on what shoes might be discounted. I've been googling periodically for news like every day...

12. JubeiSpiegel

It's going to be $90 or 19.22% off on select style. Only models I know will be on sale as of right now are broadstreet, sanibel, finch, park ave cordovan, strawfut, Tampa, woodstock, carlsbad, new Orleans, eastport, & McAllister. Accessories and belts too, will report while when I get more info.

1 person likes this.
  13. mythage

mythage Senior member

+1 would also love some info!

14. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

I can't get excited about this sale. I think you can find some strands and other AE captoe styles for 30% off or so all day at Nordstrom rack. It has to be around 40% off or so before I even think about adding to my AE collection. What about that 2 for $300 deal at regular Nordies? That is something I'll get excited about.:nodding:

15. plei89

plei89 Senior member

I doubt you'll ever find strands or park avenues at Nordstrom Rack. Only their unpopular models get there, with the exception of the elusive suede 5th aves

16. JubeiSpiegel

Fair enough, I already have the usual subjects from Nordstrom, so I'm not looking for that sale. I am not sold on seconds yet, so I'm looking forward to this sale. That and the fact that my SA is willing to discount from whatever models I want, hehe... :D

17. zero neck

Thanks man i look forward to any info.

Would love to add a pair of strand, jefferson, or possibly mcallister to my collection.
    Possibly a walden also.

18. knezz

knezz Senior member

I mentioned this a few weeks ago - I have and old better pair on Sheltons. I wanted to replace them as they appear too beat to recraft. I used them for inclimate weather. I was told my old pair was made with Cobblers's leather. My new pair came in with calf leather. I called the AE (2nd hand) SA and was told that Cobbler's leather was no longer used because of complaints about the leather. The complaints were that if they get a little scratch it would be hard to cover. I did notice this my old pair has some scratches on the black section that I'm unable to hide with polish. Also my pair must be a very senior version a the toe area of the shoe sits lower (more flat). Yours seem to be shaped and look like my new pair other than yours being Cobbler's leather and mine being calf. Another question please - its appears from your picture that the creases apperar to be lessed on the treated pair of shoes. Is that the case?

19. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

I have not seen the PA's I'm pretty sure. For sure, I've seen the Hale, Hastings and the hinsdale. And, let's not forget the fairfax (in black and chili!). I don't even look at the loafers since they're not my thing. As far as them being seconds, I have not gone over them with a fine tooth comb, but they seem fine. They are not worn at the soles. I know that regular nordies has a generous return policy and I would certainly remember if they were worn at the soles.

20. CJG_NYC

CJG_NYC Senior member

Damn it, might have to jump on some Merlot McAllisters. I'm building my shoe game and while I have the Neumoks, I could use a traditional wingtip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.