Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeweler

Jeweler Member

Just seen the new web gem shoes all burgundy. They look awesome

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

This is not correct. The Allison discussed in this thread works at headquarters and her and Deborah handle all the MTO orders as part of the SF SWAT team formed by AE's CEO

3. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

I'm sure Allison is providing good service, that being said, all stores can place MTO and J'Ville has been a big resource for many of us. The phone orders business is important to J'Ville and they just wanted me to reiterate that they can accommodate any type of order and would love the opportunity to serve. I've purchased over a dozen shoes from Kristle and Kelsey with personalized service. Just wanted to give them a plug. That is all, I'll get off my soapbox.

4. Jeweler

Jeweler Member

5. Jeweler

Jeweler Member

Thank you all for the update!!

6. Jeweler

Jeweler Member

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Yes, all stores can place MTO's. However, there is an additional $125 fee placed on those orders. My experience has been that only by going through Allison or Deborah and mentioning Style Forum can that fee be waived. Have you had a different experience?

8. Jeweler

Jeweler Member

OK thank you so much for the correction this helps.

9. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

Thanks for the comments. Sounds like the size is worth sticking with. I'll have to decide about the pitting, which actually closer to pockmarks in some places.

New Shoes1, I'm surprised to hear that getting the polish off make it less noticeable. I would've expected the polish to almost act as women's concealer/foundation makeup to fill in holes, and would expect the higher shine to enhance the differences. Can you and/or bucksfan share what the blemishes on your brown shell Patriots look like?

Thanks again.

10. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

My personal experience with the J'ville store was pretty disappointing on more than one occasion. What forced me to stop ordering from them eventually, was that I had purchased a pair of shoes at $234 a few days before the 2 for $250 kicked off, and Kristle was reluctant to adjust the price conditional on me getting another pair. A quick call to Port Washington has resolved the issue, but I was done. I have a fantastic experience with Allison (not to be confused with the MRO Allison) and Jennifer at the Freeport store. As usual, YMMV.

11. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

I know I've ordered from different outlets stores so I had a question: Can any outlet store pull up your record and see that you've been placing orders from different locations? Would like to patronage just one store, so I can get more personalized service, though.

Mainly, I've called one outlet and if there's a busy signal I'll go to the next one etc. Not to be anti-freeport or J'ville.

12. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Yes, they have a company-wide order record system

13. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

On that note, can I exchange a pair of shoes for a different size through the shoebank when I bought them through the Jville outlet? Anyone done such a thing?

14. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

I'm not sure, but those merlot Franciscans...[​IMG] They don't have the V-Tread sole, but they're still nice. After getting the walnut seconds for about $150, I can't justify paying 2 that now. Hopefully, some of these will hit the seconds market.

15. evolved

evolved Senior member

Here's the response I got from Allison.....it appears that the two are very similar.

Good Morning Lucas:

Natural toasted edge and Light brown transparent are extremely similar in coloring. I will make sure the order has the toasted edge like on the Neumok. When I created the custom request for my manufacturing team I did make note that it should look like the neumok sole, so it should not be an issue.

I hope Allison gets a nice bonus/raise/etc. this year for putting up with us :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.