• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've read on the Wolverine thread that AE would recraft them, but other than that, I don't have any personal evidence. In either case, I am sure Nick V. would take a good care of them.

Got them from the the Freeport store and they got shipped from the Shoe Bank. I am pretty sure it was just one odd pair in my size, 'cause Allison (from the Freeport store, not to cause any confusion) said I was pretty lucky to score them. She mentioned they were very rare and hard to get, but I must admit I've never tried in the past. Moreover, I actually had no clue they were made by AE until I stumbled on the Wolverine thread here on SF. 

I just got a pair of firsts from a seller in eBay for 299 shipped. Certificate, numbering, shoe trees, and never worn! Now I want a pair of 721s.

Fabian43

Reaction score

OK...so who are we going to nominate to have Allison's contact info in their signature on here? I'm thinking RTP, Rydenfan, or Tifosi :)

So lately I've been seeing many comments about "Allison" being a good contact. I haven't ordered from her yet as Kristle from J'Ville has always taken care of me. I know J'Ville has taken care of many of us here on the board. Is there an advantage of dealing with Allison? Is she giving discounts? I'm all for saving some money!

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

So lately I've been seeing many comments about "Allison" being a good contact. I haven't ordered from her yet as Kristle from J'Ville has always taken care of me. I know J'Ville has taken care of many of us here on the board. Is there an advantage of dealing with Allison? Is she giving discounts? I'm all for saving some money!

Allison is our contact for MTO shoes. She works out of the AE factory. She does not give additional discounts.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Allison is for MTOs.

cincikid

Reaction score
I just got a pair of firsts from a seller in eBay for 299 shipped. Certificate, numbering, shoe trees, and never worn! Now I want a pair of 721s.
Great deal! Haven't seen them on eBay in the past few days though, but will keep an eye.

Sweetchuck

Reaction score
They have new webgems on the AE site. Merlot calf - including MacNeils and Strands and some others.

Chris

And here I thought I was getting something kinda unique when I placed my MTO for a pair of Merlot Strands.... Guess not, oh well.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

And here I thought I was getting something kinda unique when I placed my MTO for a pair of Merlot Strands.... Guess not, oh well.

Maybe you gave them the idea....That's how I would think of it!

salgy

Reaction score

And here I thought I was getting something kinda unique when I placed my MTO for a pair of Merlot Strands.... Guess not, oh well.

That makes 2 of us... Allison did honor the webgem price for me though!

BIGBERTHA

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how the AE Strands fit compared to the Alden Barrie? Size up from my Barrie sizing or same?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Can someone tell me how the AE Strands fit compared to the Alden Barrie? Size up from my Barrie sizing or same?

I wear the same size in barrie and the Strand (5 last).

Jeweler

Reaction score

also -6128 works to reach MTO Allison

Allison's phone number
Allison phone number
Allison's e-mail address
Allison e-mail address
Allison's email
Allison email
Allison's contact info information
Allison contact info information
How do I reach Allison

Hopefully the above covers all the key words and phrases a person might use to 'search this thread' for a method for reaching Allison. If you think of others, let me know, and I'll edit add them. Maybe we can cut these posts down a bit while providing readily findable information.

Last edited:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Wow, that amazes me. I have wide-sih feet with a high instep. Barrie is a comfortable, even slightly roomy fit. Strand is too narrow for me to make work in a D width no matter what the size. I'd have to go to an E.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Quote:
Wow, that amazes me. I have wide-sih feet with a high instep. Barrie is a comfortable, even slightly roomy fit. Strand is too narrow for me to make work in a D width no matter what the size. I'd have to go to an E.
I could go to an E because of my high instep, but I'm afraid it would comprimise the rest of the fit (which right now is perfect). I just deal with the slightly wide lacing gap.

cincikid

Reaction score
FYI: Allison works in one of the outlet stores not a corporate contact. All stores can place MTO & SMU orders.
Those are two different Allisons. The Allison in question does work at the Port Washingtone headquarters. Fwiw, there's another Allison that I know of, who works at the Freeport store.

Although the stores could place an MTO order, they can't wave you a custom fee and they won't be able to add the bells and whistles beyond what you'd be able to get on the AE webpage.

cincikid

Reaction score
I wear the same size in barrie and the Strand (5 last).
I wear the same length in both, but I get normal width on the Barrie last (tried E once and was swimming in them) and E-width on the 5 last.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads