1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Part of 3 for $375 . Portlands
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

I ordered them the first day they were available as a web gem. They get about 1, maybe 2 days a week. having 28 pairs of AE I should wear them less often, but I do love these.

3. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

I have the Brown Shell Strand and Brown Shell Jefferson. Love them both. Of course the Strand is a captor and the Jefferson is a classic wingtip. They both are showing patina the same way and coloring is about the same on both. Caps on the Shell Strand appears l bit redder, but they are a year older and showing more patina at this point in their life. I like the sole being thicker on the Jefferson over the single sole of the Strand. I to have the walnut calf Jefferson. Those were actually my first AE Purchase a couple years back. I would say the fit is about the same on the Strand and Jefferson. Of course both are on the 5 last. The sale on the Jefferson calf would be hard to pass up if you do not already have a pair. You will love this shoe. My collection has grown exponentially since, and my bank account had reduced at an equal rate...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  4. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

The Singleton is on the same last as the Randolph, which is the 9 last. The Saunders and Sanderson are on the 2 last.

5. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Did somebody do a review on the MaCallister vs Jefferson?

This seems like a great opportunity to put some MTO options on the Jeffersons as well.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

Contact the store/SA that sold you the shoes to see if they can help. I don't think it's a structural issue, it's something that a local cobbler can also fix.

7. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I had a stitch like that on a pair of shoes I had resoled by B Nelson and I called them just to make sure I would not harm the shoe by cutting it and he said no- though he seemed to suggest burning it off. I am not sure if they stitch diff than AE...though the others coming lose may signify a bigger problem...also it appears to be some some slight separating on the upper sole/welt line. How many times have you worn these? Are you really tough on the toes of your shoes generally?

8. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Thanks for the info on the 9 last. Looks to be a good last for me.I don't think I have any 9 last shoes. Loafers are tricky and these fit fantastic. I'm wearing these today on a dress down friday (maiden voyage!):
    [​IMG]

9. rpearlberg

rpearlberg Senior member

Are the belts a good deal at $69? Looking for some new dress belts (brown and black)...

10. Mark_Y

Mark_Y Senior member

I think so. I'd have a hard time paying full price, but I purchased one for $69 and I quite like it.

11. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Interesting. I'll call up my SA and ask his opinion. Just would hate for them to start unraveling. And it's a bit noticeable. Other than that I love them. I've had them out about 3 days now. Yesterday was probably the most walking as I was back and forth downtown. I wouldn't say I'm unusually hard on my toes. I can snap a pic of the bottom though.

12. Brown Dynamite

Brown Dynamite Senior member

I have welt stitching on the left shoe of my 2nds Strawfuts that seems to have missed the welt and runs right on the edge of the shoe: [​IMG]

I was worried about the stitching coming loose until I called in and the SA said that it shouldn't be an issue and if it becomes one, they'll recraft it at no charge because "That's the beauty of what we do here." Put my mind at ease solidified another life customer by going above and beyond. Hope this helps!

13. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Looks like 2nds are on sale again....Mora 2.0 for $169

14. mmmtttt

mmmtttt Senior member

Do you know what other 2nds are on sale ?

Also, how do people usually size the 108 last compared to the 5 last.

15. devastitis

devastitis Senior member

16. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Does anybody have the outlet site to see live inventory or do we still have to email the shoe bank for size listing?

17. cadmonkey

cadmonkey Senior member

18. devastitis

devastitis Senior member

Just try calling the store and asking if you have a specific shoe in mind. The numbers are at the bottom of my link.

19. mmmtttt

mmmtttt Senior member

Would someone mind Pming me the list for 10E from that link, cant open it at work for some reason, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.