1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Don't know...let me know if you have any luck... :)

2. BootSpell

BootSpell Distinguished Member

Brown waxy. They are great boots. Wearing the heck out of them and they look better for it.

3. Dillardiv

Dillardiv Senior Member

Can I wear them for a few days and decide? These were the webgems. I feel like it might not end up bothering me but I hate to wear them outside and then lose the option.

4. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Distinguished Member

There's no shipping on AE seconds in the U.S.

5. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Distinguished Member

If you wear them, then you can't return them.

6. calidist

calidist Senior Member

I asked for a brown shell belt as well when I placed my MTO orders yesterday and she also told me that Paul is not permitting them to do any non-stock belts. She did say that now that brown shell is a "stock" cordovan color for them (I though it was previously a stock color) that there is a good chance they will release a brown cordovan tab belt in the near future. I told her to add me to the tally of folks requesting the belt. I would encourage folks to contact her if you are interested in that belt. Maybe we can hit a critical mass.

7. lostron

lostron Senior Member

Yeah, this is a tough one.. They are great shows but might not be a good for for you and wearing them will not change the gap.

8. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior Member

I have asked her twice about three different MTO belts, all of which have been turned down. [​IMG]

9. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior Member

You can always use a tongue bad, thats what i ended up doing with my MTO McAllisters. Although since yours are web gems, returning them may be ok. The only issue is there is no guarantee the next pair will be better.

A sales associate told me that because they are hand made, sizing may not always be exact. Not sure how true that is… I guess get sized in the actual shoe (if you haven't already) and ask for a new pair.

10. mdavis534

mdavis534 Senior Member

If they are seconds, then def no guarantee the next pair will be better. When buying seconds, I sometimes purchase a couple pairs at same size, and return the worst pair. If they are firsts, I think the "gapping" is not acceptable.

11. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

Brushing my Dundees for the first time today and the shell is getting these crazy rough spots. Anyone seen this before??

[​IMG]

12. Jeweler

Jeweler Member

Some great new webgems are coming out.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013

13. cincikid

cincikid Senior Member

I had a very similar issue with my brown shell Strands and I have been struggling to find an answer myself.

14. Jeweler

Jeweler Member

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013

15. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior Member

Brushing my Dundees for the first time today and the shell is getting these crazy rough spots. Anyone seen this before??

---------------------

I have had the same issue with my Townley's in Shell. I can say it looked better after using Reno Mat but is still there. Even if I look at my Alden PTBs they have it too but its less noticeable. I would guess this will go away with time and brushing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.