1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Distinguished Member

It would make sense that people would discuss AE on a thread about AE.

2. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior Member

If those McClain's came in burgundy, I'd be all over them at $207.

3. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior Member

I find the level of enthusiasm at the other shoe brand appreciation threads to be at least the same as this thread, even though this thread might have more traffic. Nothing I've seen here suggests that anyone is being paid to generate excitement for AE, other than when Paul Grangaard posted here a few times.

4. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior Member

Seriously....if Allison gets one more MTO shell order today, I get my next month webgem comp'd.

:)

5. tietherope

tietherope Senior Member

Sorry to let you down. My conscience just won and after trying to justify it due to the great price, I decided not to place an order this sale.

6. Dillardiv

Dillardiv Senior Member

[​IMG]

Do you all think that's too big of a gap between my foot and the shoe? These are my new shell Jeffersons and I'm afraid the right foot is too wide. Don't have this gap on strands or park aves

7. SBear

SBear Senior Member

Bradley in burgundy shell arrived today from the $299 sale. They are perfect. No idea why they are seconds. Knew this already though as I had an SA look at them before I placed the order. They said they looked great and they look just like firsts to me. Sorry no pics but there are already many pics of these shoes. Very pleased.:D

8. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Distinguished Member

That's awesome. Shockingly, this means I'll probably pick up a pair of CH black boots since they don't have anything like that by AE. The CH's come out cheaper than a pair of AE fifth street seconds. I will probably stop by the AE store tomorrow to check and see if they have fifth street boots in my size to check the fit and see if it's worth the additional 60 bucks.

You do have to pay shipping on seconds right? What about tax?

9. mdavis534

mdavis534 Senior Member

This is what my cappuccino strand MTO look like when I received them. The gap on mine is wider than yours, and I have it on both sides on the left shoe only. Right shoe was fine. I also do not notice this on other 5-last shoes I own, including bourbon calf strands. So I returned it to get them checked out as I believe I received a bad pair.
    [​IMG]

10. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior Member

no shipping, yes tax (if there is an AE store in your state)

11. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior Member

I expect this will be the case - I left Allison a message this morning about a brown shell belt. Haven't heard back, but I expect today was a busy day for her and there really aren't any "custom" things to do on the belt, compared to a pair of MTO shoes.

12. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior Member

I'm late to the party apparently. Will someone PM me Allison's contact information? Thanks very much!

13. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior Member

Those will be sweet! 1-last, right?

14. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I inquired about belts, and Allison said that they can't do MTO belts because of the safety risk with using the burnishing wheel on one belt. I managed to score a Cigar Alden Belt recently so I gave up quickly, although I really wanted a Walnut belt.

15. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior Member

^^ could be why I didn't receive a response back yet. Thanks! Wonder if I could have them just not burnish it...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.