Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior member

What would we do without you MoneyWellSpent! Your knowledge, and willingness to freely take time out of your day to share that knowledge is amazing... and much appreciated!

2. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior member

I've often wondered if certain people on this thread are payed to be on here... Am I crazy? It seems like certain people on here are making a ton of money for AE.

3. Sweetchuck

Sweetchuck Member

With the Independence lining and heal pad, does it change the fit of the shoe? I wanted to get it but got scared in the end because I didn't know how it would affect the fit/feel?

4. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

Bumping this post as I'm interested in the answer as well. If it was answered I apologize as I overlooked it.

TL;DR - How much does the width change by going down a half size in length?

5. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

The video was pretty awesome. How often do you have to reapply the Tarrago?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  6. schweezly

schweezly Active Member

It wasn't, but I can let you know in the next day or two. I ordered the 10D because it's the last day of the sale and I had the 20% off at Amazon.

That might not help you though...since the sale ends today

7. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

I have a few questions regarding MTO's.

- On an MTO we can choose any sole for the same cost. How would this work with the Strand? I want the Strand in brown with a v tread sole, but it is $50 extra on the website. Can I order through Allison to avoid that charge or would I need to have something unique and non stock about the shoe?

- What additions can be added to a brown McAllister for free to most closely match the Jefferson?

Thanks, hope they aren't too stupid/noob like.

8. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

I checked with Steve at Leffot, and he suggested once every couple of months.

9. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

The price gets changed by your choice between calf or cordovan uppers. Nothing else changes the cost. Since you are going through Allison as a StyleForum member, they are waiving the MTO fee, thus saving you the added charges you see on their website. If they stock the materials, they will use them for you on your shoe. You aren't constrained to the same rules/choices/options that you see on their MTO page. The only exceptions, as far as I know, are when someone requests something that isn't feasible from a construction standpoint (like switching lasts, which may throw off the dimensions of the shoe and waste everyone's time and money).

10. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

Thank you MWS. My main concern was that since the Strand with a V Tread sole can be purchased from their site, without even going into the MTO section, that they may say it's basically a stock shoe when trying ordering through Allison and tell me to just order from the webpage.

11. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

The guy down the hall showed up today in a dark gray (just a touch ligher than charcoal) suit with the same light tan venetian loafers he wears all the time with chinos that have likely never seen a coat of polish. He normally wears an older pair of Kenneth Cole or Ecco square toe black shoes with suits, so I think this was an attempt to dress more stylishly. Aye, aye, aye. I've regularly mentored him on more job related items, but am not touching this issue with a ten foot pole.

12. motosacto

motosacto Well-Known Member

Just a heads-up--DSW has Ralph Lauren Sanderson (long wing) and Stratford (monk strap) shoes in a fair number of sizes. I just ordered a pair of "coffee" Sandersons for $230 with discount. I think that's a pretty good deal...

13. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Tampatravel - are those size 10's? If so, I came very close to pulling the trigger on them. I already have a pair of shell saddles but those were so sweet I was tempted to bid anyway. Glad to see they went to a fellow SF member. Nice pickup.

14. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Finally decided to do an MTO... Appreciate if someone can PM me Allison's contact info.

Thanks in advance!

15. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

Just ordered my last MTO - burgundy shell Lexington with natural split reverse welt and natural edge dressing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.