1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

They are great looking with a beautiful shine. Are those brown shell strands?

2. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Are there any discounts on shells as well with the upcoming annivesary sale?

3. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I don't think so. Only those models listed yesterday. Maybe a page or two back.

4. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Thanks!

Yes, they're brown shell strands. Quick iphone pix as I walked to the office this morning. Not happy with how dark that pix came out. I've worn them a handful of times and brushed/buffed them once so far. Here's a better pix of them in the office:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

Quote:I really like these, my man. Makes me wonder what the all calf leather version I had going would have looked like.

6. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

Does anyone know if any belts will be discounted for the upcoming sale?

7. stgrim

stgrim Senior member

Has anyone received a discount on shoe bags during the Anniversary sale or for any sale at all?

I need 9 pairs of shoe bags and 4 pairs of boot bags as I will be leaving the country for a couple of months and want to keep my shoes right.
    Anyone have recommendations on where to purchase them with a bulk discount, if not from AE? Thank you.

8. Snobol323

Snobol323 Member

I finally took the cordovan plunge during the recent shell sale. After seeing all the great pics on this thread I went for a pair of burgundy Leeds. Wow, they are well worth the money (especially at the sale price) and are going to be very versatile. So, in short, thanks for being enablers ;). Now...what to buy next?
    [​IMG]

9. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I highly doubt it. Maybe during the RDA sale.

I, personally, don't find shoe bags all that useful. The bags never make it out of the box.

10. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Nice shoes....wearing my Sheltons, I love the 511 last

11. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

Correction.... I didn't see that it was for a formal event. Certainly wear black shoes. Black Park Aves are my go to formal shoe. The Shell Strand does look nice with a suit, but not for formal...

Thats what I get for responding so early this morning...

12. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Arrow Creek walnut, Madison brown, Montana navy, Poplar chili, Polished Cobbler black, Teton tan - all $69.

13. feyy

feyy Well-Known Member

yup during the rda, when everything is 15% off. so a buck fitty off. i'm actually making use of shoe bags today- bringing my 744's to bnelson for some work

14. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

Quote:Thank you. Anyone have experience with the Poplar belt? I need a dress belt for my new chili Vernons. Would this work? That Teton belt in tan looks nice as well.

15. halfnhalfnhalf

16. halfnhalfnhalf

Those look great! Were any of the defects obvious?

17. Mark_Y

Mark_Y Senior member

I think I'm going to order the Rush Streets for the anniversary sale. I think they are part of the sale.

Anyone have any pics of the Rush Streets in the wild? I've yet to see them in person, might have to make a trip to my local AE store.

18. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Honestly you can get flannel/cotton shoe bags on Amazon for much less. $5-$6 range.

19. Snobol323

Snobol323 Member

My SA at the Shoe Bank checked them out prior to sending and said they looked "really good." He was spot on, they were unworn when they came out of the box. The only defects I can spot are some light scratches on the inside of the left shoe near the middle laces (you can see them in the photo if you look really close). Given the steep discount at which these were purchased, I'll take the scratches any day.

20. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

Welcome to the cult! That sucking sound you hear is coming from your checking account -- but you'll get used to it after a while. Those are some good-looking shoes. My next shell purchase will likely be some burgundy Leeds seconds; just waiting to see if the $299 sale comes back in a few months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.