Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AEnewb

AEnewb New Member

Anyone have a suggestion on care for the Long Branch Wingtip Boots in the dark brown grain leather? The AE website recommends conditioner and dark brown shoe polish. The SA said no polish, the grain leather would be maintained with damp cloth, leather lotion, saddle soap. Do I polish these or not?

Got hooked on the walnut strand, picked up the park avenue, now this is my first casual shoe. Unless someone knows a cure there will be more orders to come. Thanks style forum for the tip on the Amazon extra 20% discount!

2. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Great color, I love my Chili McAllisters. Also, the wheeled edges are great. I regret not getting them on my latest MTO.

3. ScottyBoy920

Anyone know if the Townley can be made as an MTO? Haven't seen anyone talk about them, but they are a great looking shoe.

What are your thoughts?

4. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Senior member

In for another pound of flesh....

Thanks to whomever posted the PSA about the Banff slippers being available at a steep discount off of list. Called my local AE store and placed an order for them (same size as my Patriot loafers). I think they're expensive for slippers but then again I'm not sure what to expect build wise until they arrive.

Also ordered some cordovan cream from my incoming Jeffersons, Patriots, and Daltons. Since AE's cream is essentially a dye cream, what is a good mainline product to use to bring out the shine in cordovan?

And just to pass along a good deal that I cashed in on today, picked up three pair of shoe trees from JAB for only $25! Not too shabby.

Only bit of bad news is is that I found out that the uppers for my webgem Patriots (ordered on 09/27) are still in production and likely wont ship for another week or two.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013

5. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

I have a pair and they're a fairly recent shoe. I'm sure they could make them for you. I was lucky to get in on a $299 FIRST QUALITY from the Cleveland AE store that was posted right here on SF!

Those would look awesome in pretty much any shell cordovan or calf in any color IMO.

6. ScottyBoy920

Thanks, I appreciate the insight. How do they size compared to the 5 last?

7. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

The seem to fit a little bit bigger than my Park Aves...but certainly not enough to go up a size from your normal PA size.

8. Sweetchuck

Sweetchuck Member

What are your thoughts on the Toasted Natural Edge (Neumok) vs the Light Brown Transparent Edge for a pair of Chili Strands? I know there isn't that much of a difference, but do you think it would be to light?

Thanks,

9. ScottyBoy920

I think if you are going for a more casual shoe than the Toasted Natural is the way to go. With the model you are going with, I would stick with the light brown. I have it on my chili McAllisters and it turned out great.

10. jvc44

jvc44 Senior member

11. jvc44

jvc44 Senior member

Tampa,do you have a high shine on your Townleys? If so , what did you use? Thanks

12. jvc44

jvc44 Senior member

Anyone else have an opinion? Mine are not real shiny thanks

13. rpearlberg

rpearlberg Senior member

For those who have ordered from amazon, do you notice any difference in quality or should I feel ok ordering from them with the 20% off?

14. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

I wore mine this weekend and realized how disappointingly dull they are. Tonight or later this week I'm going to try to spend a lot of time stripping the factory finishing to see if I can't get down to the shell. I don't have Saphir Reno'Mat, but I'm going to try to git it down with AE Conditioner/Cleaner if possible.

15. jvc44

jvc44 Senior member

I have used Reno a lot they are better but still not what u want as far as shine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.