Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Tifosi,

Your Leeds look great! Super versatile and classic shoe that can easily be dressed up or down.

2. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

I know she is super swamped. Does your invoice say "light brown transparent"? She called me today, I called her back and left a message. If she calls me back I will ask. The welt on that Neumok looks like chili. The edge dressing is different, tho. Hmmm.

3. Sweetchuck

Sweetchuck Member

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

edge dressing on the Neumok is called toasted natural edge trim, it is different from transparent brown. I know I was having this argument the other day with another member on her but I have an email from Allison specifically calling them different edge finishes.

5. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

There you have it. I'm pretty sure my MacNeils will look just like my Leeds and Dundee. Now...do I want it lighter???? Damn!

I also found out they have a "light polo edge dressing" which is what comes on the walnut calf Dalton. Too many options!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013

6. evolved

evolved Senior member

My invoice says chili split reverse welt with light brown transparent edge dressing, which is what she told me was on the Neumok.

7. evolved

evolved Senior member

Ah geeze, and I have an email from her saying the exact opposite. Guess I'll be emailing tomorrow.

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Here is a section of my email from Allison:

"The Mctavish in dark brown uses a Light Brown Edge Finish Generic Description. Mctavish in tan, is just a natural clear coat. The Aberdeen uses Transparent Brown Edge Finish Generic Description, and the Neumoks use a toasted Natural Edge Finish Generic Description"

9. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

I asked for the natural welt and edge for my McNeils, but I asked to make both just a shed darker.

10. schweezly

schweezly Active Member

Anyone know how the Strawfut fits compared to other 5 last shoes (specifically the McAllister)? I've got a lead on a pair, but can't try them on first.

11. evolved

evolved Senior member

The email I have from her is me asking to have the welt/edge from the Neumok, her responding with chili split reverse + light brown transparent dressing, and me double verifying that that's what comes on the Neumok. [​IMG]

12. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

OK...so my Leeds and Dundee have the "Light Brown Edge Finish Generic". So if my MacNeil invoice says "light brown transparent" I believe they will be different.

13. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

This would be similar to GOP's walnut make-up right? As far as the welt/edge?

14. evolved

evolved Senior member

I just sent this to Allison

Good afternoon, Allison,
    From the sounds of it on Style Forum you are being inundated with MTO requests! In discussing a few of our different make ups I stumbled upon a conversation and I just wanted to clarify a quick detail that we discussed. In a prior email I had attached an image and referenced wanting the welt/edge from the Neumok on my Macneils. I believe you mentioned (and it's on the invoice) that this is the chili split reverse welt with light brown transparent edge dressing. However, someone in the Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread on Style Forum mentioned that that make up will be darker than the Neumok, and that the actual finish for the Neumok is Toasted Natural Edge Finish Generic. I just wanted to double check and make sure that I was getting the lighter welt/edge of the Neumok on my shoe, as opposed to a much darker finish. Thanks!

So, we'll see what the response is.

15. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

When I placed my two orders, I specified the Neumok also. She said that there are several names for it, but light brown transparent is what they call it, and it's with the chili welt. They also have a non-transparent light brown, which it does sound and look like you got. Looks great though, anyway! My invoice, for what it's worth, says specifically "like Neumok"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.