1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drcharlie

drcharlie Well-Known Member

In my very limited opinion, yes, wearing thicker socks might give you a good ballpark estimation. If you had a thin insole (like odor eaters) from another shoe, that might be accurate too. It would be nice to hear some others' experiences.

1 person likes this.
  2. FreedBird

FreedBird Senior member

Nice polish on those!

3. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

I wear 9 E in my shell MacNeils but 9.5 E in my BB chili grain MacNeils. Go figure.

4. Cheuk

Cheuk Active Member

My first dip in the 2 for 250 waters: Clifton in brown and Promontory Point in black pebbled leather, both in 12D. (Btw, will I ever find shell cordovan Patriots or Macneils at the Shoebank?)

Both are in pretty good shape. The major issue with the Cliftons is some creasing in the middle of the toe cap. I'm inclined to not worry too much about it. The Cliftons will get lots of use at work and I don't want to have to baby them anyway. Do you think the creasing there is too severe?

The boots I was very curious about and I quite like actually. They are casual to be sure, prob too casual for my work. Pebbled leather, and a very rounded toe. I compared them to some firsts (which can be had at a good discount on their own). The firsts have a sleeker toe, and, oddly, a smaller heel (height and length).

Thanks for your thoughts before I take them out on the street.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Spiker

Spiker Well-Known Member

Size help.

Delray
    Tired 9.5D in store didnt buy that day but overall felt 9.5D was comfortable.
    Convinced by another salesman to get 10D.
    10D was shipped to me and it was too lose (large heel slippage and have to tie the lace all the way down)
    9.5D shipped to me..too tight in the front and middle and still a tiny bit of heel slippage..

This 9.5D feels so much tighter than the one in store. (Didnt get the store one because it was black).
    Should I try 9.5E? I would think that makes the front and middle more comfortable but more slippage in the back?
    Would the shoe stretch?

6. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Tight, how?

It's possible that the store version had been tried on a bit so it had broken in. If you have a little bit of heel slippage, that's okay because it should go away once the footbed breaks in. If it's a lot then it just means the shoe won't fit. If it's tight in the toebox, i'd try a 9.5E.

7. Spiker

Spiker Well-Known Member

Ok the heel slippage is minimal. I adjusted the lacing a bit and it is gone. It is tight as in I dont have much wiggle room for my toe and leather on top is actually touching (slightly sqeezing my last 2 toes).

I am comparing this to 10D Park ave I have on the other foot. The toe area for the Park is not really touching the leather and I can wiggle all I want.

8. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

Cheuk

They look good in my opinion. for a buck 25 hard to beat. The crease wouldnt bother me but that's up to you. I creased a 500 dollar pair in a similar way the first week I had them. I figured I got the first major issue out of the way and can enjoy. The boots look sharp, I like the laces on them. Are they rubber or leather sole?

I hope you enjoy them.

DuckOB

9. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

10. EEWithoutStyle

EEWithoutStyle Senior member

11. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

12. rodaman

rodaman Senior member

I saw this pair of Park Avenues on ebay...it's pretty cheap but a little beaten up. Is there anything I can do to fix the damage in the pic?

[​IMG]

13. pudman43

pudman43 Senior member

If it's an older PA in 'polished cobbler' could be tougher to fix. J

14. rodaman

rodaman Senior member

o wells. thanks

15. mdavis534

mdavis534 Senior member

FInally after placing my order mid december, just got them today, I am glad i went got measure and went up a width. the fit is perfect.

Specs:
    DARK CHOCOLATE CALF 1087
    INDPENDENCE LINING LEATHER
    PORON INSOLE
    TONE ON TONE STITCHING
    FLAT CHILI WELT
    WHEELED EDGES
    LIGHT BROWN TRANSPARENT EDGE DRESSING
    MINI LUG RUBBER TAP SOLE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. Cheuk

Cheuk Active Member

Thanks!

I feel the same way about the first crease---someone did the hard work for me, not I can just enjoy.

The boots are not just rubber but an actual Dainite sole, I'm surprised those boots haven't gotten more love (though more of an SW&D piece). I guess there have been some reports of comfort issues, but they feel good to me so far.

ps
    (that's not Duck Beach Outer Banks reference is it?)

17. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

Beautiful black ... that great.

1 person likes this.
  18. dohmeowmeow

dohmeowmeow Active Member

[​IMG]

Hi all, AE newbie here. Today was the first day wearing my 11D Lasalle to work...and I'm very surprised right now that my feet doesn't hurt one bit! I work retail and I spend 9 hours daily standing/walking and these felt like they've be wore for months....

I already have another pair of AE being shipped to me, haha. Just thought I'd share.

2 people like this.
  19. FreedBird

FreedBird Senior member

Gorgeous boots! Were these a 9.5E by any chance? [​IMG]

20. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

I did not realize Shoe Bank has a list like this available online. Could be a bad thing for my wallet.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.