Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellkamp

Hellkamp Member

I'm going to jump on the amazon deal very soon. Im going to go to a random shoe store to get my foot measured and then purchase based on the measurement and ae's website.

2. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I think their standard Single Oak sole is more befitting of the strand as it's not a hefty shoe.

3. WICaniac

WICaniac Senior member

This must be size / vendor dependent, as nothing is my size is coming up with the RDA pricing. Who was the actual seller? Amazon proper?

PM sent.

4. WICaniac

WICaniac Senior member

Andrew N is spot-on regarding the distance between the base of your heel and the ball of your foot. Depending on which shoe store you go to and the knowledge of the SA, he or she may neglect to give you your size based on this calculation.

5. DNSamurai

DNSamurai Senior member

These look great! Care to give a review? How are they holding up?

6. BigRob

BigRob Senior member

I bought a pair of burnished brown CXL leather Bayfield boots. I like them - they fit well and look spiffy - but they squeak loudly when I walk. It's caused by the upper-tongue rubbing against the leather where the eyelets are.

Will this go away with wear or should I apply a product to fix it (i.e. baby powder, or saddle soap)?

7. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

I hate you guys. I need a brown shoe....

I now can't decide between the brown cordovan, brown calf, or the independence brown calf. I am inclined to say I like the standard brown burnished calf the best, but the independence dark brown feels so much nicer...and the cordovan is just :slayer:

8. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

Here are the Webgem Shell Jeffersons after cleaning them up (renomat, a couple mac method treatments, venetian creme, renovator, and lots of brushing... more of that to come) They shined up pretty nice. I am reminded as to how dark my brown shell strands were when I got them early this summer. A few months later they have lightened up nicely (whether it be from wear or sunlight), and I look forward to these lightening up some as well. All in all, I am very happy with these.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  9. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

...agreed. Nothing that I've seen has been even close to the RDA price. I asked about that previously, and no one responded, so I'm guessing that it's not as straightforward as it seems.

10. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

I got my Delrays through the Amazon RDA sale + 20% off, so $191 as well. Mine were sold by Amazon proper, but I see that some sizes in the same shoe under ShoeBuy as the vendor are also going for the same price.

11. green garden

green garden Senior member

+1. The heel stack in the online pictures looked pale. The actual shade really looks good. Great make-up.

12. green garden

green garden Senior member

Nice catch! Can you post side by side color compare with your Strands? Would be very interested to see how the brown shell evolved. Thanks.

13. ryansto

ryansto Well-Known Member

The Rothsays have been a dream on the foot all day! The cushion of the sole, paired with the cushioned insole has been wonderful. The height is perfect- doesn't interfere with ankle motion, at all. I am loving the look of the black welt breaking up the brown upper and cream sole. FYI: the Harrier sole will soak in dirt, but I guess that's to be expected.

I would highly recommend them as a casual F/W boot.

14. Sweetchuck

Sweetchuck Member

For those that have ordered MTO through Allison, can you order the Independence lining for any of the AE shoes? More specifically for a pair of Strands?

Thanks,

15. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

I was wondering how burgundy/#8 PRB would look with the natural welt and sole edge. Have never seen one made either by AE or Alden, but stumbled upon a pair of Trickers on eBay just now (http://tinyurl.com/m5fyx2n), and I think they look awesome.
    [​IMG]

Will check with Nick V. whether they can change the black edge on my Alden for BB PTBs to natural.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.