1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MZhammer

MZhammer Distinguished Member

They were clearanced out a few weeks back. I think they're gone now but I got them for $110. I had a brown and tan but returned them yesterday and the only color in my size available in the country was the green

2. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior Member

Those are going to be great. Wearing my unlined shell Kenwoods today, I am reminded of how great unlined shell cordovan is as a material for casual shoes.

Benefits: softer and forms to your foot faster, more patina, breathes more, more of that shell cordovan smell!

Love it! nice shoes! Here's my submission: (forgive the lack of socks - wasn't planning to take a pic today).
    [​IMG]

3. jungleroller

jungleroller Distinguished Member

^^ Shoes look amazing btw!! Nice work!

Good to know. Maybe I'll try unlined for my second cordovan purchase. I've already called Allison once for an adjustment to my order. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013

4. NWTeal

NWTeal Distinguished Member

Haha, pretty much a similar pattern to how I arrived at player's shoe MTO. I deliberated, but I'm going to get both the Marlows and an AE MTO. Just have to wait on the Marlows so I don't have too many new shoes at once :).

Now I'm going to pull the trigger on the Strands. I'm pretty sure I'm not a true AE enthusiast until I have a pair of strands.

Brown Shell Strands
    Independence lining
    Wheeled Edges
    Chili or brown sole edge. This one I'm debating. Not sure how the Chili would look. Anyone have thoughts?

5. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior Member

^^ the standard ones have a brown sole edge - I would definitely go with a transparent chili or transparent brown.

6. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Distinguished Member

How do you get them to honor AE's sale prices?

7. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Patrick, I got my invoice on 8/21/13 for the Leeds. I ordered my Dundees at the same time and got them in 4 weeks. So it'll be about 6 weekd for the Leeds. Still not bad.

8. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Thanks for the idea of flipping the plate over. I was just thinking about removing it, haha.

9. Sweetchuck

Sweetchuck Member

I'm looking at placing an order for a pair of Chili Strands. Just a few questions for you guys:

What color edge/welt do you think would look best?

And is it a no brainer to get the Independence lining?

Thanks,

10. tietherope

tietherope Senior Member

I emailed Allison and an MTO calf Dundee can be had for $297 during the RDA sale.

11. WICaniac

WICaniac Senior Member

I searched for her contact info on the forum and found lots of people striking out and requesting a PM, so here I go....
    Will someone please PM Allison's contact info to me?

Thanks to those who have offered advice regarding the torn dogtail on the back of my black cordovan Leeds. The consensus seems to be that it's no big deal, but I have to ask which seems like the better investment for $300:

MTO Dundees in black calf
    or
    Factory second Leeds in black cordovan with the aforementioned flaw?

12. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Senior Member

I stopped in to my local AE store for a size check today. I'm glad I did because I needed to size down 1/2 size on my ordered cordovan Jeffersons and Daltons. Crisis averted!

The only "bad" thing is that I left the store with a pair brown fifth avenues that I didn't own when I initially arrived!

That's 4 pairs of shoes in the last two weeks! I'm going to have some real explaining to do on this one! At least I plan to sell off some parts of my rotation in the near future since they were purchased before my weightloss and now no longer fit me.

13. SBear

SBear Senior Member

If it were me with this choice, I'd ignore the flaw and ignore the price and imagine both shoes sitting next to my other shoes and make the decision based on which one I a) want most and b) 'need' most.

14. SBear

SBear Senior Member

Quote:Here is Allison's phone number as posted at the end of August. Good luck!
    edit: seems that 262 235-6428 also works to reach her

15. tietherope

tietherope Senior Member

It is actually 262 235-6428

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.