1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crider8883

crider8883 Well-Known Member

does anyone own the park ave's in the pebble grain walnut? or any ae's in the pebble grain walnut finish? i am considering snagging a pair on-line but haven't seen that finish in person. thanks guys.

I own them. I rather like them. Perfect for a less than formal shoe that can be dressed up with a suit.

2. Flame

Flame Distinguished Member

3. fobe46

fobe46 Senior Member

Can someone help me out with sizing on AE? Trying to get my first pair of cliftons, but I don't know my sizing at all. I am a 9.5 US in nikes, 42 in cp, and 43 in mmm. Thanks!!

4. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Distinguished Member

Can someone help me out with sizing on AE? Trying to get my first pair of cliftons, but I don't know my sizing at all. I am a 9.5 US in nikes, 42 in cp, and 43 in mmm. Thanks!!

all irrelevant. You need to either get brannocked, or you need to try them on.

There are so many length/width options, you really need to try them on.

Also, I like shoes tight as hell, so I'd rather go tighter than bigger. If you are the opposite, it will affect what size you get.

have the cliftons and love them.

5. fobe46

fobe46 Senior Member

all irrelevant. You need to either get brannocked, or you need to try them on.

There are so many length/width options, you really need to try them on.

Also, I like shoes tight as hell, so I'd rather go tighter than bigger. If you are the opposite, it will affect what size you get.

have the cliftons and love them.

Thanks for the input! I'm hoping that the nordstrom near me will have sizes. What color clifton did you get?

6. marg

marg Senior Member

i have the walnut and love them. almost 2 years old now and look beautiful. such a unique last...

7. Greg613

Greg613 Senior Member

Just an FYI, Amazon is having a sale right now that includes AE's. The best deal I found is a pair of Tribeca's in Walnut, for $53. The sizes vary a lot also, so don't get too excited until you see if they have your size. The extra discount will not show until they are added to your cart though. Link

8. hrb

hrb Senior Member

Thanks guys, I have the evanston's in walnut, but they are not the pebble grain. TBH did not know a walnut pebble existed for AE.

"i have the walnut and love them. almost 2 years old now and look beautiful. such a unique last.."

QUOTE=crider8883;4614368]I own them. I rather like them. Perfect for a less than formal shoe that can be dressed up with a suit.[/quote]

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Little bit of Strand goodness...

[​IMG]

10. kgmessier

kgmessier Distinguished Member

AE "Strawfut" Spectator in Linen/Brown [​IMG]

11. lenahan

lenahan Senior Member

i Purchased a pair of deep brown Allen Edmonds Monks the other day. My first pair of AE or Monks. Anyway, I was at first a bit intimidated by the price, but I am starting my first year of Fordham in a few months, and need shoes. And my mother helped defray costs. I purchased them at the store on Madison and 55th, where the sales representatives were very helpful. They have been used for the last day and a half. Still breaking them in, but in comparison to other shoes, the break in is not nearly as bad. i can not seem to get my pics to post, so follow the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5895490100/

12. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Distinguished Member

Little bit of Strand goodness...

[​IMG]

Nice, I picked a pair of these a couple of months ago.

13. warrenjl1

warrenjl1 Senior Member

Anybody know the deal on the traditional line stuff at the outlet stores? I found a pair of burgundy Graysons in my size at the outlet in NC that seem just perfect for over $100 off the price anywhere else. Is it too good to be true? Seemed like first quality to me...

14. worldrunner

worldrunner Senior Member

Have had 3 pairs and I just love them...Holding up very well after 2 years using a 7 shoe rotation normally

15. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Distinguished Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.