1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

E MacNeil in Dublin Tan leather--a make up for Freeman's Sporting Club--for a casual outing tonight. I really dig this version of the MacNeil.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    2 people like this.
  2. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Does the 5-last lose some of its sleekness when you go from a 9.5D to a 9E?

My understanding is that both shoes will have the same width.

3. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I'd guess so, given that loses a bit of length and essentially becomes a bit rounder.

Will anyone notice? Probably not.

4. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

Cincikid ^^^^^

Look great. If I'm not mistaken, those are first cousins - if not identical - to the "Gramercy," one of the three special makeups AE did for Urban ... whatever their last name is, in late summer/fall of 2012. It was a LWB on the 7 last, just like all MacNeils, and made up in Dublin leather like your Freeman's are.

I tried to grab a pair last week but was a little too late for the last one in my size. I wish they still made it. They have McTavish clones in Dublin but they are on the 5 last, IIRC.

5. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

I can take this, since I just got the Strand in 9.5E. I don't think there's any noticeable loss in sleekness, but even if there is, it is surely offset by an increase in comfort.

6. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My 2 for $250 selection: brown shaker heights and brown distressed pine rivers. Both shoes were never on my radar at MSRP but with the sale, I thought they would be good buys. My wife loves the shakers, thinks I should get more mixed media shoes. The pine river on the other hand isn't her favorite, the buckles are killing her.

My opinion on the shakers are that they are great, very soft leather and awesome design. The pine rivers are a stretch out of my comfort zone but I feel they will work great casually.

2 people like this.
  7. jaywhyy

jaywhyy Senior member

The 5-last isn't sleek at any width.

8. evilWagon

evilWagon Senior member

I hope you bought them, I was looking at them and had I know they would have only gone for $75 I'd have grabbed them for sure.

I don't believe it, two 15D'ers posting within an hour of each other, I thought I was the only one and had a lock on the sweet 15D sale shoes. Bespoke; you scooped me on those Daltons, they're Chili right? I'd emailed the shoebank about them and called a day later when I didn't get a response but they were already gone. I'm still happy with my Brown CXL Bayfields I scooped last year.

1 person likes this.
  9. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Wow. Those look amazing in the sunlight. Dang. -M

10. mdubs

Cool looking piece of cow.

1 person likes this.
  11. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

I have Alden's natty CXL and the Natural Waxed McTavish.
    2 different types of leather completely. The color is definitely more grey toned on the Natural CXL.
    The Natural CXL is much softer.

12. dancingbear

dancingbear Senior member

Can I join the party? I has a closet full of AE 15D. Although as the years have gone by I have grown into a 15E sometimes depending on the last.

13. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

14. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

It's always about size with you people.....I am taking my 13D & E's and going home....

15. mdubs

Yes, actually they do. Quite a bit. Wonder if there was some inspiration sourced from the JCrews.

16. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

Where did you find these for $39.95? They look nice.

17. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

I wouldn't be surprised if the folks from the F.S.C. drew an inspiration from J.Crew, and honestly J.Crew's version is so cool that I don't blame them. AE made those for F.S.C. in 2011 or 2012 and J.Crew had been stocking Alden for at least a few years before then.

18. nhindian

nhindian Well-Known Member

Got my 2-for-$250s in...

Haight in brown and Katmai's.

Gotta send the Katmai's back.. too narrow in the toebox. Hopefully a 10.5D->11D will be a little better. They didn't have any 10.5E :/

19. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I returned my brogue strands and decided to keep the navy strands. They felt fine for the 3 or so hours I was wearing them in the afternoon.

The ae reps at the store I was in were super nice! They forgot to credit me tax back and gave me a pair of socks to make it up.

20. evilWagon

evilWagon Senior member

I was about to say I don't believe it, but it stands to reason that if you're tired of wasting money on cemented shoes you'd find AE and if you wanted further info that you'd find this thread like I did. I should start a.new thread for us tall/big footed people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.