1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NefariousSabatour

NefariousSabatour Senior Member

The cap of my left neumora is jacked. I just polished them and it seems like I wiped the dye away or something. I don't think another layer of polish will do anything. Are these things screwed or what? Should I contact AE about them?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior Member

or you could buy a pair of shell shoes for $299... Wallets may get more use, but let me say this... If a man asked for either my wallet, or the shoes off my feet, I would sooner give him my wallet. I get much more attached to my shoes, and place much more importance on them than I do a wallet. I've had the same cheap wallet (tj max money clip, $20) for 4 or 5 years and it looks the same as it did when I bought it, if not better. Also, wallets get lost... stolen much more often than shoes.

Ultimately it boils down to the fact that I would much rather put that money towards a pair of shoes than a wallet. If I were a woman, buying a clutch or purse that is a different story, since those are viewed as fashion accessories and are on display at all times. A wallet on the other hand, $200 or $20, is still just a wallet.

3. CoolGuy303

CoolGuy303 Member

Hello gentlemen. Does any one know if Allen Edmonds does price adjustments? I bought a couple pairs yesterday and now I have a 10% discount code that works with the sale. Thanks in advance.

4. cincikid

cincikid Senior Member

They should. Even if they don't, with the free return shipping, it's no brainer.

5. CoolGuy303

CoolGuy303 Member

^Right, that was my thinking exactly. I just figured it would be easier to get a price adjustment.

6. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Distinguished Member

...but they'll take $10 off of each pair as a restocking fee.

7. NWTeal

NWTeal Distinguished Member

I was assuming one already owned an excessive number of shell shoes :)

I was just thinking that I'm getting more interested in shell cordovan and I think if I were to spend a little extra on a new wallet I'd get one (or two) made in shell.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013

8. cincikid

cincikid Senior Member

Only if we are talking about seconds. I am not aware of any 10% off for the seconds, so I assumed OP talked about the firsts.

9. coolarrow

coolarrow Distinguished Member

Try meltonian "cream" polish. Not wax based. I think cream polishes have a touch of conditioner. It could be just dried out.

10. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior Member

well... yeah... If one spends excessive amounts of money on shoes why wouldn't they spend excessive amounts of money on a wallet?

I spend no more than $50-$100 on what I want for myself that isn't necessary each month. I have one pair of AE shoes and I am saving up every dime of spending money until I have enough to buy my next pair. I have 1 wife, 1 son, 1 job, and zero college degrees at the moment (working on that currently). I am 24 years old.

Even if I had the money, I doubt I could justify to myself paying $200+ for a wallet. Having nice shoes is something I consider a luxury, and a worthwhile allocation of my resources therefor I can justify spending money on shoes so long as I'm not spending money on other frivolous things (video games, dvds...). I would honestly feel guilty if I spent $200+ on something that is completely 100% not a necessity in any way. Isn't there something better that could be done with that $200? There is absolutely no justifiable reason for me to spend $200+ on a glorified debit card holder.

I don't mean to be rude... and I'm not making judgements on other people, this is just my thinking. If the only reason I can think of for purchasing something is "why not? I have the money!" then it's a purchase that shouldn't be made.

11. NWTeal

NWTeal Distinguished Member

No judgments. I understand and I hope I didn't come off rude in any way either. It's definitely all luxury items in the end and what one values monetarily is in itself, personal.

12. cbfn

cbfn Distinguished Member

You probably just used too much water. Let them sit overnight and see how they look in the morning.

13. lostron

lostron Senior Member

I got the neumora a few months ago but really regret that I did not wait for the Mora 2..

14. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Senior Member

I think I'm in for one more big splurge during this RDA sale.

I'm already in for the webgem brown cordovan Jeffersons and Patriots. I do have burgundy calf Patriots, but I feel tempted to pick up their burgundy shell counterparts as well. However, I'm starting feel like maybe I need some shell Dalton's instead. How do you guys size these boots?

My Patriots are 10 EEE. I'm wearing Park Aves today in 11D, they are wide enough but a bit too long for optimal fit. My McAllisters are also 11D but they are narrower than my Park Ave's. I ordered the Jeffersons in 10.5E so I hope that works. Any advice on Dalton's?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013

15. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Distinguished Member

Why yes, walnut Dalton go great with black pants.[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.