Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottyb06

Scottyb06 Senior member

Gotcha, Doc. Basically, they look a lot like my snuff suede Neumoks but with the Strand design and a different sole. They are extremely comfortable, perhaps due to the Dainite sole.

2. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Nah. Not a work dress code. I tend to wear bright shirts sometimes and bright pants other times, obviously doing both makes one look like a clown. If I'm wearing a red or orange shirt to work, chances are that I'm going to wear either khakis or black pants. Trust me when I say that I don't wear them often, but I do like wearing black pants from time to time. I'm good on black shoes and probably won't get anymore, but black boots have high utility in that I can wear them with just about anything. Sadly, AE's best black boot option for me is the dalton and I already have a set in walnut.

I just picked a wool blazer like that this weekend. It's going to go into the rotation as it starts chilling out over here.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013

3. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Pretty awesome story. Glad you enjoyed it.

I'm working to instill those memories in my kids (3 and 5) - they help my with my shoe maintenance routine whenever possible. Fortunately, they still want to. I know some day they will think it's not cool.

4. evolved

evolved Senior member

For cincikid and tifosi (and anyone else who placed an MTO shell order recently).....I had emailed Allison over the weekend to inquire about adding the Independence Collection liner to my order....unfortunately I'm too late, but fortunately the footwear is already past the cutting stage and is being stitched together. Hopefully that means our Macneils will be done well before the 8 week window that was originally quoted.

5. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

So that's how you guys with these big shoe collections keep everything looking so good. Free labor!

6. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

P.S. if you really want a strong shell cordovan smell, go for an unlined pair (or an unlined wallet). I was just reminded of how much I like that smell as I took a credit card out of my unlined shell wallet (ashland leather, if you're interested) to buy a pair of unlined shell AE Kenwoods. I have a sickness...

LOL. Another few years and my oldest will be ready to start earning her allowance this way (that's what I did when I was about her age) The real trick is teaching my 3 year old not to brush the sole of the shoe.

7. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

Where did you get a shell wallet? The only one I've seen is in the Alden store in NY, but I'd like some choices.

8. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Thanks for the heads-up! I just emailed Allison asking whether I could still switch, but apparently it's too late at this point. On the bright side, they should be ready sooner than we expected.

9. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior member

10. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

11. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

Awesome. Thank you!

I don't think so. If anything, it gets more use than a pair of shoes since one uses it daily and it under stress quite frequently (sitting, bending, inserting cash/cards, etc.). I definitely don't have more than the value of my wallet in cash usually, but i do appreciate the feeling of quality leather whenever I pull it out of my back pocket.

I do think you could get a nice wallet for less than $200, but since you only get one, might as well splurge on a nice one [​IMG]

12. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

My Mitchell Leather wallet with a well placed Horween stamp!

[​IMG]

13. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

I got the Mitchell Leather wallet at least. I got the money clip version, and it's wonderful. I copied someone else here, honestly, and got the #8 shell with the wheat CXL interior. The color combination is just outstanding.

I also agree with the unlined shell recommendation. I never buy lined shell, and in fact have ordered shell Neumoks from AE now so that I can have a purely shell shoe, to go with my unlined Wolverine shells.

14. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

I use Ashland's "little New York" (or the "card wallet" in Mitchell's language). Both are around the $100 level I believe. I have that in one front pocket, my money clip in the other.

I agree with the other two posters, it is something that gets everyday use, and I honestly get enjoyment out of having a nice one in shell that was made in the USA. Not for everyone though (good thing too, as shell is hard to come by these days!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.