1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I wonder how they'd look if one simply cut off the entire tassle and the attachment.

2. EEWithoutStyle

EEWithoutStyle Senior member

Anyone here wear the Manistee belt with brogues? I'm thinking about just getting plain belts just on case I have two shoes in the same color but one isn't a brogue? Thoughts?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  3. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I have the walnut mantisee and would recommend just getting the plain belt as it is more versatile. I now have a belt that only works with 2 pairs of shoes.

4. EEWithoutStyle

EEWithoutStyle Senior member

My thoughts exactly. Thanks for your input.

5. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

I got 11.5E; that's what I wear in 5 last. I actually love the comfortable fit out of the box. I have no fit complaints that a thicker sock (wearing thin socks now) insert wouldn't fix. They're on the last hole straps wise, but they're secure. Poron insole and dainite make for pleasant gait. A friend at my house said "I like how your shoes SOUND" when I walked by... That was a new compliment altogether... Hello, Dainite! I'll toss up a jean pic shortly.

I've worn my bourbon and walnut manistees with non brogued shoes; looked fine, heard no complaints or suggestions to the contrary...

BIT-J, I had just bought a small bundle of firewood, stopped by Fed Ex and snatched them out the box for a quick inspection. Decided to send a couple pics to AE thread because the burnish looked almost bourbon like. Have em on now though! B-)

Man I FOUGHT to find a picture online... damn, that suede version is very nice my friend. I'm not a tassel fan either, but would make that exception!

1 person likes this.
  6. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

I respectfully disagree that plain / brogues belts can only be paired with a likewise plain or brogued shoes. In fact, I think that's a bit too "matchy." If the belt is a dress belt and approximately the same color as the dress shoe, I think that's fine. I fact, I think having four dress belts in black, dark brown, light brown (tan), and burgundy is all anyone needs.

E.g., I wear my burgundy Manatee with my burgundy Cambridges and #8 Imperial gunboats, but also my Hanover #8 shell PTB's.

7. devastitis

devastitis Senior member

Yeah I was having the same conundrum. I have a pair of bourbon Moras and bourbon Strands, and the only two bourbon belts was Dearborn and Manistee. I read some reviews on Dearborn about them easily creasing, so I asked the store manager what he would recommend. He said it's fine to wear the Manistee for both, matches the Strand really well and will match the Moras well enough. So I have Manistees for every color, bourbon/walnut/merlot/black, except dark brown, which I got the Wide Basics.

8. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

For those who is wondering about shipping, I ordered 3 pairs from the 2/250 sale on Thurs. Got the confirmation for the first pair the same day and they were shipped from Port Washington and arrived today. Got the confirmation for the last 2 pairs on Friday. One were shipped from Port Washington and the other from NY (guessing another outlet store). They are scheduled to arrive on Tues.

9. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

I'm also looking to add the Manistee belts (bourbon and walnut) to match the shoe collections. When is a good time to get them? AE Anny sale? Nordstrom Half year sale?

Anyone has experience with the 2nd belts?

10. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

I just got these two the other week and can't decide whether they are keepers. My black shoes don't see much use but at the sale price these were a steal. I wonder what do you wear yours with mostly?
    I also thought to resole them with the black Dainite sole keeping the sole edge natural or transparent brown, but I am not sure about this just yet.

1 person likes this.
  11. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior member

is that a more polite way of saying you have a hard on? I've never heard that one before...

12. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior member

[​IMG]

well played!

13. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

Ended up driving over to the store near me because I didn't know how a couple of the lasts fit.

Ended up with McNeils in the pebbled walnut color, Weybridge in black, Neumora's in black. Also threw on a pair of BB San Marco's because I couldn't get the Haight in a 10.5E. And thats one of the 2 I really wanted. So I'll be searching ebay for those I guess.

14. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

15. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

One more question:

What the heck is the difference between the Delray and the Lasalle?

Edit: Did a search. Found a thread on this very topic.

16. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I believe it is :)

17. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Got three of four ordered the spagias navy suede a 're firsts and awesome, strawfuts a stain on fabric no way are they going back and the stradmock has good scuff on suede toe box....keepers, between being tan and suede I would put that scuff there myself in just a few wears....tempted to order something in 65 last 1/2 size smaller and a size wider just to see the comfort level.

18. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

This is why I'm probably going to sell my shell leeds...

19. luv2breformed

luv2breformed Senior member

Black bluchers are the best shoe for odd charcoal trousers, especially in monochrome fits. And that's about all they do well. Oxblood can usually work as well in odd charcoal fits and is much more versatile in other areas.

1 person likes this.
  20. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

Great model

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.