1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRob

BigRob Senior member

Is the two-for-$250 deal only for closeout styles? Or any factory seconds in the list they sent me?

2. jonesle7

jonesle7 Active Member

I accidentally looked at this thread like I do everyday and ended up purchasing more shoes that I don't need. Thanks style forum. :)

3 people like this.
  3. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I assume it is everything on the list - When I requested the list I simply asked for the 2 for $250 list - Call and ask - would do it ASAP tomorrow the email goes out to the entire AE email list

4. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Got my Navy Neumok's from my Amazon purchase with the Code and they are beautiful..what a great looking shoe.

5. BlindMelons

BlindMelons Member

Mine are fine. I'm very pleased this time around. 11D

6. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

I own it in 9.5 E.

I got them as seconds last year. The RL site only ever has D listed, so I'm not even sure how/why Es were made in the first place. But I do sometimes see the Singleton (or Sanderson, or Slaton, or Saunders) on the E lists for seconds for whatever reason.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  7. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

That would come as some surprise to Kristle, who shipped me an E a couple of hours ago. :)

Also, check Halfnhalf's post quoted above. You'll see a Singleton in E.

Also, to all you folks starting out and you've got 3-4 solid, versatile pairs and you're asking "what should I get in this sale?" You are insane if there's a pair of snuff suede Neumoks in your size and you don't grab them. Incredibly versatile shoe for $125.

8. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Just realized the Strand Brogue Suede I ordered has Dainite sole...yeah me!

9. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

Some of the Brooks Bros. version are not in the sale.

10. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Wait, how do you know? I ordered both the brogue and the navy suede. If they both have dainite soles I will be oh so pleased!

Yeah, I was definitely bummed I didn't see the spectators in there.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  11. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

Yeah, it didn't seem necessary to do that dance with "it only comes in D" respondents since the lists I have gotten from my many requests have always had Singletons (and Slatons and Saunders and Sandersons) in E widths. Now I'm wondering if they're knockoffs...[​IMG]

But back to question: what size do you wear in the 5 last, BackInTheJox? Could you compare the fit of the two if you have any 5 last models? Thanks

12. bobbyz

bobbyz Well-Known Member

I'm torn on the Waxy Brown Long Branches having just picked up the Chocolate Daltons. I realize they're a different look but I'm not sure if I'm going to wear boots often enough to own 2. Any compelling arguments to pick up the LBs?

13. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

I'm very pleased with my black shell Leeds -- but I'm a 14AA. Even gunboats look super sleek. :embar:

14. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Wow, can you post a pic or two of your 14AA shoes? I would love to see them!

-Mike

15. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

If you want to wear wingtip boots in the snow, slush, rain, or mud?

:uhoh:

16. Close Hoarse

Close Hoarse Senior member

Sorry. I stand corrected. I get lists of various RL/AE shoes all the time, and there's never been any Singletons in widths other than D, so I took it that there were no other widths. For instance, the AE Gatsby comes only in a D width.
    Mea culpa,
    CH

1 person likes this.
  17. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Oh no worries at all, I wasn't trying to come off snidely. I used to assume the same thing (I wouldn't even know how to go about ordering them in size E since RL does seem to only carry them in D on their website). Maybe you have to special order/MTO, and I just got lucky with a pair of MTO seconds? I have no clue.

1 person likes this.
  18. bobbyz

bobbyz Well-Known Member

I just
    I just can't imagine them being tough enough for harsh weather. I suppose I could lay on some HDLP to keep them dry, but I'm not sure how tough they'd actually be in adverse conditions.

Another dilemma I'm having is a choice for good everyday casual shoe. I've got a tan Mctavish (which I'm planning to add a topy) and snuff neumoks now, but I am considering if its worth getting a blucher like the Rapid City as well for diversity.

19. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I love my Long Branches in Waxy and wore them a ton this winter now granted I was not dancing around in snow puddles but they went great with my assortment of corduroy pants and henley style shirts...I got mine a width wider as I wear boot socks to keep my toes warm.

My big hang up has been in treating them- I like the waxy look so have only used AE leather conditioner and a light spray of AE waterproofer. There are some picks way back a bunch of pages of a pair lathered up with HDLP that seem to be able to withstand anything. They are extremely comfortable too

20. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Here is the Amazon link for the Strand Brogue
    http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Edmonds-Strand-Cap-Toe-Oxford/dp/B001TDL0GK

Also Nordstrom has some better images of it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.