1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

If anyone could post pics of these shoes (worn), I'd be grateful!

I wear mostly semi casual (eg nice jeans with a nice jacket to dinner) but have some slacks the walnut would pair well with. Would rather not buy both pairs of shoes...

Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. -- Rumi

Jacket: 36S/38S.
    Shoes: 7.5EE-8.5D.

2. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

If I get on the sales list, will I see photos of these shoes?

Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. -- Rumi

3. rc121

rc121 Senior member

no, the list only includes the model information, color and price.

4. BlindMelons

BlindMelons Member

I just got the Rush Streets back in the correct size and I'm MUCH more pleased with the quality. I can confidently say that they run a half size long.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. BlindMelons

BlindMelons Member

6. The_International

The_International Well-Known Member

Personally, I go 11.5D on the Singleton. I have both the dark chocolate suede and brown calf. Each pair was a bit snug in the instep at first but broke in nicely over time. I also wear 11.5D on the 5-65. I have a relatively small lacing gap on my 5 last Strands. The 5 last is very similar in width to the 9-79 throughout, but a bit longer in the same size. YMMV. Hope this is helpful.

7. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Thanks! They should be on the same last (5-65) as the park avenue and the fifth avenues, right? Do they fit the same the ?

I tried the strand in a 7.5 EEE and it fit my insole. I measure an 8E but that size was barely tight on the park aves.

8. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

What do you guys wear your Leeds with? I just got a pair of black shell Leeds and feel like the shoe isn't all that flattering, at least in smaller sizes.

9. luv2breformed

luv2breformed Senior member

I think my opinion is probably minority here, but:

Leeds: casual
    Shell: casual
    Black: formal

Black shell Leeds: fail

YMMV

Edit: I would note that anywhere one would wear black gunboats that black shell Leeds would also be appropriate. Saying they are fail is a bit harsh, but they are certainly a minority shoe without much versatility.

10. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

Thanks for the reply, sir...
    If I follow you, International, you suggest staying the same size. I'm an E width, however, and I'm concerned the additional width might create heel slip. I have a thin heel but wider ball of foot.

After no response to OP, I went in store today, tried on the Randolph, which I believe is the same last, and the toe box was tight, shoe falling off my heel when just flexing, not waking. SA just shrugged and said loafers would be a hard fit for my foot type. Laces DO make a difference...

I guess i have to roll the dice on a size and hope for the best if I want a more substantial loafer than the Italian offerings. Happy to field thread suggestions...

11. nybz

nybz Member

2 people like this.
  12. The_International

The_International Well-Known Member

Yes, I would suggest the same size. Not sure if the Singleton is offered in E width. May be worth a call to one of the outlets to confirm.

13. Close Hoarse

Close Hoarse Senior member

The Singleton does come only in the "D" width.
    CH

14. Spiker

Spiker Well-Known Member

Hey guys, got my PA Today (1st quality). I got 2 concerns that I was wondering if you guys with more experience can take a look at. First, the left shoe's lining is a little bundled up. As result the left shoe has a slight depression in that area. It is more glaring in person than the phone is showing.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The second problem is bowing. I know that it may be because of my feet are flat, but judging by the crease it seems like the shoe is pre-stretched to bow already.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is either of those considered normal?

15. bobbyz

bobbyz Well-Known Member

Glad I put my order in early since this is the list in my size!

16. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Shell is casual? Not sure I agree with that entirely, tbh. Too many aldens, carminas, etc made in them.

I do think these are relatively casual though and the shape of the shoe isn't really all that flattering to me since they're a bit bulky and I'm really skinny...

17. EEWithoutStyle

EEWithoutStyle Senior member

Since I'm still building my shoe collection, what should I add to from the 2 for $250 sale list?

Currently own:
    Black PA
    Suede Strand
    Walnut Strand

18. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I am a huge fan of the v tread. Love the feel of them, don't use swims as I have shoes for when weather is sketchy but if I had to walk a lot perhaps I would keep a pair in my briefcase.

19. luv2breformed

luv2breformed Senior member

Traditionally, yes they are. I know everything shell is what people gun for around here but I personally think shell is best in what it was traditionally best in: boots and bluchers and maybe loafers. I am planning on getting #8 shell gunboats someday.

20. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

My Rush streets are easily the tightest in my regular size on that last...how is the toe cap on yours is it flexible or firm

On a side not got my burnished red and gold Neumok MTO back today and it is pretty much a fail. The burnished red which looked burgundy in the creation pages looks like a dirty shoe....the shod itself is made great but I learned a lesson about ordering burnished leather in colors. Hey for the price it was offered at, the good news is I won't cry. Only sad I shelled out the extra fifty for the vtread. Will wait until I wear them to give my final verdict. I will set do another pair next year in diff colors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.