Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdavis534

mdavis534 Senior member

Cappuccino strands MTO in the mail....will get them Friday. Can't wait.

2. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

I thought I could live with it, but my OCD is getting to me. Would you return these seconds brown shell strands? I got them during the $299 sale. As you can see there is excess material at the stitching of the cap. It is not as noticeable when looking down from normal viewing distance. The right shoe is fine. It is just this left shoe with too much material that isn't glued down.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

^^

dont think I'd return personally

4. mdavis534

mdavis534 Senior member

They look pretty good otherwise. I would keep them if that's the only issue.

5. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

Newbie to AE. You're right, these are beautiful. I would jump on these in a heart beat

6. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

Thanks guys. I just needed a 2nd/3rd opinion.

My 2nd pair of seconds from the shoebank came in today via fedex. Those DEFINITELY need to go back. Words can't express how disappointed I was with that experience. I was looking forward to the mcallisters all week. I would have accepted scuffs, blemishes, or whatever for that cappuccino/truffle color. But guess what? The two sides were made on different lasts! When I checked the soles, the right side was clearly narrower throughout the shoe with a pointier toe and the left side was a little wider/fuller in the toe area. When I measured the length of the two soles, the right side longer by about half an inch. They are both marked 8.5EEE so I am assuming that the right shoe was made on the 5 last like it was supposed to and the left shoe was made on some unknown/unidentified last.

I am officially 1/2 right now with seconds. I was told that there would be aesthetic imperfections, but sending me a left and right shoe in two different lasts is unacceptable even as a second.

7. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

They likely aren't on two different lasts. Instead, it's more plausible the size has been mismarked on one shoe. I'd contact the Shoebank and ship them back first thing in the morning.

8. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

Those were Walnut Shell Cordovan. I have a pair with a natural reverse welt, and a brown reverse welt.

9. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

Quote:
    Actually, I am a big fan of the detail in the cap. I think I am leaning towards the Franciscan. I appreciate everyones input. I think it will be burgundy shell with the Independence sole and wheeling for the classic look, like Subutai's. I have the Rutledge and Parkway, both on the 333 last, and they fit me just fine. I don't think I will have any issue with the fit. I will be emailing Allison in the a.m. to begin the order.

Also, I agree with Subutai, I think the Independence Line is underrated here. I have the Jefferson, Williams and Rutledge, and love them all. I also have the Jefferson coming in Brown Shell. I have 25 pairs of AEs and next to my Shells, the Independence shoes are my favorites.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013

10. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior member

Yes we did... Sorry, a guy brought it up and I had to say something... I probably need therapy or something, but I'll settle for talking about it on this thread.

multiple times on my accord in the last couple of months in fact.
    It may be funny... but it's also accurate. That thread is legitimately over the top creepy!

11. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Two news from Allison today: one bad and one good. As most folks on the market for an MTO already know, AE is officially out of cappuccino shell. While this certainly sucks, I am glad my cappuccino MacNeil is already in the works. The good thing is that I was informed AE should be able to attach a midsole between the welt and the Dainite sole on the brown shell Leeds MTO I want to make. I didn't want to sacrifice the look of the double sole on the Leeds and the chili midsole will add both the thickness and the contrast I want to achieve, I hope they are going to look very similar to the pair of Trickers below.
    [​IMG]
    I opted for the brass eyelets, split reverse wheeled welt, natural midsole and red lining.

Coincidentally, I googled this pair of Trickers after I chose the red lining, but it's nice to see how it's going to look in flash. My only concern is that the lining would partly cover the heal pad. I wonder if this might cause some discomfort, especially if the lining will begin to tear down the road?

12. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Deleted post

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013

13. sungmineyo

sungmineyo Senior member

Can anyone pm me Allison's email or ext. number? I can't find it by searching.

Thanks cincikid and mdubs!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013

14. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

PM sent.

15. salgy

salgy Well-Known Member

I actually have a pair of brown strands that are stamped "no warranties" on the inside of each shoe that I bought new from an AE outlet store... I have never asked what that means, I always assumed they were non-recraftable, but they show no flaw, never have... One would have to assume that if there is no physical flaw, there has to be a structural flaw, no?!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.